Grant_T

Hamamachi Station

Tony Galiani

Got it - great.  Thanks.

Tony

marknewton
On 10/2/2020 at 7:11 PM, Grant_T said:

Thanks Mark, this is amazing and so generous of your time. (And what a great collection!) I can see several things there that fit my intentions for this layout.

You're welcome Grant. If you need further help or advice, I'm always happy to help.

All the best,

Mark.

marknewton
On 10/3/2020 at 4:26 AM, Tony Galiani said:

Mark - really like your photo setting - it looks great.

Thank you Tony. As a first attempt at proper scenery it turned out better than I expected. But I've noticed recently that the foam I used for the basic landforms seems to have shrunk a little, causing some gaps to appear between the foam and the fascia. I don't know whether I'll attempt to repair it or not, as it's served its purpose.

Cheers,

Mark.

Grant_T

What's on the back of that layout, I hear you say. Well, bugger all. There are just a couple of short storage tracks for the limited stock for this layout, but a bit of space to expand these in the future. The glue is still drying on this. The track is a mix of Peco code 80 and the Fleischmann I began the layout with.

008.jpg

And some additional scenic material to bed in the buildings. The tree will probably be put by the platform. Note the crazy NZ prices.

009.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Grant_T

I'll also build a little shelf for the controller, and maybe a space for a tablet and a note book.

Grant_T

A quick video of some train spotting on Hamamachi Station!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

TimWay4

That's a beautiful layout and a fantastic video 🙂

marknewton

Grant,

Tramway have just released their RTR model of the KiHa40-100 series, which are typical branchline diesel cars. They're available in powered and unpowered versions and various liveries. I think they're a very nice model.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 4