gavino200

People’s Republic of China N Scale trains

katoftw

The 3 car set would be the basic set.  Same thing???  And as the manufacturer hasn't done an official announcement for the two add on sets release dates, you ain't gonna find those on any website yet.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

TSK1000

The 8 car expansion set announcement will be published later this year, per JAM 2019 and direct chat with Kunter rep. Still no info on when the 5 car add on set will be officially announced.

Edited by TSK1000
  • Like 2

Kiha66

I've been looking on taobao and apparently CMR has done a run of YW22 hard sleepers.  No announcement I saw beforehand, but plenty for sale.  Seem they all come with lights and run about $30 each.  I certainly will be picking up a set when I have some hobby cash handy, they'll go well with the YZ22 coaches from last year.

Sheffie

An interesting development: I’ve received an email from Minitown and it looks like they are setting up a web store for direct sales worldwide. 

Yavianice

Kunter CRH 380 AL 8 car expansion set has been announced, with slated release date in January 2020.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10656035

No sign yet of the 5 car expansion set yet though. It appears to arrive later in 2020.

This 8 car set also contains the second motorcar.

I confirmed myself that Kunter CRH-380 sets also fit KATO lights without issue (actually, even better than KATO does in their own trains)

Edited by Yavianice
additional info.
  • Thanks 1

gavino200
On 11/14/2019 at 7:54 AM, Yavianice said:

Kunter CRH 380 AL 8 car expansion set has been announced, with slated release date in January 2020.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10656035

No sign yet of the 5 car expansion set yet though. It appears to arrive later in 2020.

This 8 car set also contains the second motorcar.

I confirmed myself that Kunter CRH-380 sets also fit KATO lights without issue (actually, even better than KATO does in their own trains)

Thanks Ya. I''ll be pre-ordering this. If only I could remember who the Hong Kong seller was that I bought the 3 car set from. I think it was @serotta1972 's tip. 

serotta1972

Here it is.  They don't have the 8 car add-on set on there yet.  But will definitely be on the lookout for it.

https://cart.eztranscom.com

• Thanks 1

Yavianice

I had a very nice chat today with the people at Minitown, who were for the first time with a stand abroad in the N scale convention in Stuttgart. They announced a new Chinese High Speed Train for N gauge at the fair, namely the CR400BF-B, to be released early in 2020. The product developer, who spoke perfect English, also told me that they plan to release a total of 4 different varieties of Chinese high speed trains throughout 2020. These trains will also have optional customized interior lighting (so Tomix or Kato are not compatible sadly) and they also mentioned that EZ-Transcom is the main source to buy their trains besides WeChat or TaoBao. They are planning to partner up with Popondetta in Japan also to sell their products for the Japanese market, and are also looking for European distributors (I’m guessing this will be either Menzels or DM).

uc?export=view&id=1mhoP-y4q00092zQZECG8j

Edited by Yavianice
updated with promised release poster!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

gavino200
1 hour ago, railsquid said:

Just checking - you know that's an add-on set?

Yes, Thanks squid. I bought the basic set this year. It's pretty sad with just two cabs and a motor car. 

railsquid

Righty-ho, just asking as I've seen people tripped up by that before.

• Thanks 1

serotta1972
15 hours ago, Yavianice said:

I had a very nice chat today with the people at Minitown, who were for the first time with a stand abroad in the N scale convention in Stuttgart. They announced a new Chinese High Speed Train for N gauge at the fair, namely the CR400BF-B, to be released early in 2020. The product developer, who spoke perfect English, also told me that they plan to release a total of 4 different varieties of Chinese high speed trains throughout 2020. These trains will also have optional customized interior lighting (so Tomix or Kato are not compatible sadly) and they also mentioned that EZ-Transcom is the main source to buy their trains besides WeChat or TaoBao. They are planning to partner up with Popondetta in Japan also to sell their products for the Japanese market, and are also looking for European distributors (I’m guessing this will be either Menzels or DM).

Will add their release poster when I get to a PC.

Thanks for the update! Minitown make really great models and the detail on their models are quite amazing for N Scale.  

• Like 1