Nankai Rapi:t 50000 series Star Wars livery

The Making of Star Wars Rapit from Nankai Electric Railway Official You Tube Channel.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 5

still bummed they didnt do the cape flowing down the first few cars from the darth vader front/helmut! it could have been so creatively done! but again that aint disney's style.

cute with the staff and their lightsabers!

jeff

Hello Mr Jeff,

I remain very proud that Nankai has taken the opportunity to make the Star Wars train.  It is especially fitting after the 50000 series earned the nickname, many years ago.  However, I also agree with you, the project could have been more adventurous.  Here are my ideas:

- smoke machines blowing smoke from under the doors as they open;

- The Imperial March played as passengers board and disembark;

- Wookie growl to replace announcement chimes.

I suppose having the driver dress like an Imperial Fighter Pilot, all in black, would be a travesty, right?

Edited by Ochanomizu
  • Like 2

Mr. Ochanimizu,

I love that odakyu did the train and i think if Disney was not the rights holder we would have seen something much more creative, in line with other great Japanese painted trains!

I agree those features would really have really put it over the top! But thinking like that is past disney's realm of thought unfortunately...

Jeff

• Like 1

It seems the Odakyu Empire has taken over the JNS Galaxy. Whoever mentions the "N-word" should be afraid of their life.

• Like 1

I'm actually surprised that Lucasfilm didn't team up with JR West and did an entire 500 Series Shinkansen trainset in a Star Wars livery.

Have I missed something? Odakyu or Nankai?

Hello !

OMG ... so sorry ... I make the correction.

Edit:  I'm blaming sake ... that's my story ... and I'm sticking to it !!! 

Edit #2: Meanwhile, I'm hoping MA announce A0754, Nankai Rapit 50000 in Star Wars colour!

Edited by Ochanomizu
  • Like 2

Edit #2: Meanwhile, I'm hoping MA announce A0754, Nankai Rapit 50000 in Star Wars colour!

After Disney licensing cost.  MA will announce A0754 at 51,000 yen.

Proceed to sell kidney or youngest child on ebay.

• Like 3

It will be on sale for a week then 10 years in the vault! Royalties will need to be paid on any photos shot of the train on your layout as well...

Jeff

So how many sets required to make a full 6 car set? Is it similar to the Peach special edition where you had to buy 4 boxes to make a 6 car train? And are the sides printed or are the decorations using decals?

Thanks,

Nick

So it sounds like there are only two cars, literally. Because of direct on body printing, there is no way to make the other cars, and the other cars are not included as extra parts. Kind of makes sense since there isn't an a and b set. I'll pass...