Railway Museum At Ipswich, Queensland.

marknewton

While we've been having a family holiday on the Gold Coast my friend Dave and I hired a car and visited the railway museum located in the former Queensland Railways workshops at Ipswich. The first exhibit you see is a short mixed train headed by a PB15 class 4-6-0 built by Walkers of Maryborough in 1908.

Next is a 1250 class diesel electric loco built by English Electric.

This gaudy little engine is a 2' gauge 0-6-2T built by Perry Engineering.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

The workshops is a great place.  I normally go once or twice a year with the kids.  In October they have a model train show as well out the back, so you get more value for money.

The workshops is a great place.  I normally go once or twice a year with the kids.  In October they have a model train show as well out the back, so you get more value for money.

Even more value for me because the club exhibits at the show. :grin

Since we had to leave our club rooms in the old tool & gauge shop a few years back I have to admit the model train show is the only time I go there because, although it's a well set up museum, their exhibits haven't changed since they opened 13 years ago and once you've seen it, you've seen it.  They put on a lot of events for the kids over the school holidays and that seems to have become their main focus.