What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

phil, 

no reason a question like this would be taken down at all.

ive learned as a child at auctions with my mom, its all about who is bidding and their state of mind, and that can change drastically and very quickly. at times folks have lost a few auctions and then get determined to win the next one and go nutz! other times folks win a few good ones and then will be more timid as they only then want to get it at good deals. Throw in the ebay/yahoo auto bidding along with more live bidders and stretch out the bidding to a week then its can be really crazy auction to auction for the same things. i get small stuff on ebay auctions all the time that will vary 20x or more in price in very near auctions back and forth with almost identical titles and descriptions so most folks bidding i would expect see the half dozen auctions close to each other.

I just look to get a decent deal and really determine my max and dont let the last minute bidding on something i really want or is rare hype me into bumping that up at the last second.

jeff

Yup happens all the time with online auctions. Yahoo ebay etc. I think with Yahoo Japan that a lot of people are online on the weekend. And those have the bidding wars. Where weekday enders tend to not go as high.

I've got most of my yahoo stuff on tues/wed.

I've run into this exact phenomenon a number of times in the arcade scene on Yahoo Japan auctions as well- if something is scarce enough it rarely shows up, bidding wars (especially with the extensions- I had one run for 3 hours) happen a lot, and then, sometimes after one or two are sold, suddenly, you can get the same item for dirt cheap. Of course, depending on the seller, as some clearly will try to rake in the same cash the last high auction went for, you might have to wait a while for them to give up and resist it at a base price.

• Like 1

On topic, received another crossover and my first buildings.

(I guess I can now open the first FamilyMart in Baltimore)

large.IMG_6002.jpg.acd365dc3bac24f21f7bb65cc770f0d3.jpg

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, defor said:

On topic, received another crossover and my first buildings.

(I guess I can now open the first FamilyMart in Baltimore)

Now you need to get the 7-11 version and place them next to each other...

(btw, I have both versions, though both are still in their box)

With regards eBay etc.  Another phenomenon is that some people don't describe their item very well.  I've found the same item, one described well (easy to find) and the other not described well at all (not easy to find), and the one gets bid up, and the other goes for a cheap price.

Made up example:   One might say "KATO 10-XXX 500 Shinkansen full set" or something, and the other "Japanese model bullet train".  Same item.   The first was found by those looking for it.  The second, you would never find unless scanning long listings of items.   I've gotten a few German trains on the cheap because of that.

Going to a real auction and watching people is a great way to see all the odd behaviors happen in person. Of course odder permutations can happen in longer online auctions. I’ve see folks get absolutely frantic as they miss a few items and if there are several like this interested in the same things it’s a total frenzy! You can see how wild eyed and agitated they can get.

I see this happen on some dumb little things up on ebay, a few of them go by at about 75% of buy it now price and then like the fourth one things go crazy at the last few minutes and it goes for like 3x the buy it now price that can be had right there. Then the next few go very cheap, I think all the crazed bidders give up for a while and just slink off after realizing they went a little wild even if they didn’t get it.

jeff

It's amusing to see on Yahoo Japan you see some non-Japanese item at a reasonable starting price, then it suddenly shoots up way beyond what you'd pay to acquire exactly the same item from an overseas retailer...

Now you need to get the 7-11 version and place them next to each other...
(btw, I have both versions, though both are still in their box)

I’m actually looking to do a corner version 7-11, to match a prototype that I’m referencing so I’ll probably grab the generic two floor corner kit that they sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

When I preordered my kato e235 from HS I had not given consideration that it would be released right before golden week. I even ordered it EMS! It is marked as shipped. But how much will it be delayed? As far as I can tell Japan Post is still operating. Talk about adding to the anticipation.!

• Haha 1
serotta1972

Went and picked up a couple of passenger car sets, a departure from the blue and brown cars.

Kato 10-155 Salon Express Tokyo

Tomix 92716 Salon Car Naniwa

Tomix 92636 Euroliner

IMG_2766.thumb.jpeg.34a2db538523c79cf78b23cde743aa37.jpegIMG_2773.thumb.jpeg.58c96c881fd1178bceb3b23217c23d85.jpegIMG_2769.thumb.jpeg.cb62e47e9aac3de2b3efd8549604f226.jpeg

• Like 7
12 minutes ago, serotta1972 said:

Also got some locomotives with a couple of different liveries. 

IMG_2781.thumb.jpeg.aa4758695f0f9ac6e0022b8204e77305.jpeg

Is this the Kato EF81-500 or is the new Tomix EF81-500 already released?

5 hours ago, Ultratram said:

When I preordered my kato e235 from HS I had not given consideration that it would be released right before golden week. I even ordered it EMS! It is marked as shipped. But how much will it be delayed? As far as I can tell Japan Post is still operating. Talk about adding to the anticipation.!

I m still like that now after six years!😀😀

25 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Fresh off the Kato production lines, nothing as exciting as the E235, but a humble EF200.

41033175404_50700d4db9_z.jpg

Kato EF200 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

I still haven't got any electric freight engines. Not sure where to start. Probably get something fairly modern to pull my kokis 

58 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Fresh off the Kato production lines, nothing as exciting as the E235, but a humble EF200.

Nice looking. I have one at HS waiting to ship to me with some Kokis and some containers.   Just waiting for the final containers to show up (on the "once a month" shipping plan).   Thanks for posting.

1 hour ago, Ultratram said:

I still haven't got any electric freight engines. Not sure where to start. Probably get something fairly modern to pull my kokis 

Just get some EH500s. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

Also got some locomotives with a couple of different liveries. 

IMG_2780.thumb.jpeg.6c5e4ef947c0b2f9749860564f70f6fd.jpeg

Which model is this one? The stylised JR on the sides looks pretty cool.

Edited by Gryphr
  • Like 1
Das Steinkopf
19 hours ago, railsquid said:

I have one on order but I am waiting for other bits and pieces to turn up for my “April” pre order, the said containers that caused a delay with my “March” pre order have now been shifted back to June. I guess I will be waiting till after Golden Week for my order to be shipped.

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 1
serotta1972
8 hours ago, Gryphr said:

Which model is this one? The stylised JR on the sides looks pretty cool.

It's the Kato 2023-2 EF64-1010. It does look pretty neat.

lPEIgrLeT4qVEBzsTsrxyA.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was about to buy some of those Tomix JC-25 couplers that Toni was talking about awhile back, and has fitted to his Tobu 6050's. Though I was wondering if they would fit on other rolling stock, too... Well it turns out that a pair of train sets I had lying around, and was going to buy the couplers for already had the JC-25's installed! I just now realized it!

(Unless these are something else and I just don't realize it.)

20180428_165741.jpg

Edited by Philphil