Tomix controllers!

JR 500系

There is another Tomix controller thread on this board that has the same info being added to this thread.  And a lot more indepth info about said controllers.  I've attempted to find it but cannot.  It would be good to merge the 2 threads if possible.  IF someone can find the other.

Nope it was a different one cos the wireless controller had already been mentions and conversation was had.  I didn't have a good look.  I'll try later with more time.

Hopefully, we will get both threats combined/linked soon. Meanwhile I would like to share a couple of pictures that I put together with some information about the Tomix 5515 (Wireless controller).

Edited by nxcale

Hi all. I spotted a minor thing. The base size should indicate 55mm rather than 550mm.

I made these pictures quite in a hurry (I also want time to enjoy the real world). I have to admit that sometimes I have just time to proofread these once. So mistakes could be present.  Cheers.

ahh finally! Tomix has released a new video of the upcoming TCS NDU-101CL controller!

It looks like a smaller version of the DU202, and with similar functions like the slow pickup acceleration and slow deceleration and braking, and at only half the cost!

The thing that gets to me really is the size of that control lever... Kinda small... Great for a kid but looks kiddy for an adult...

• Like 1

Yeah always the trade off of space, cost and coolness. Big handle would have required a big solid base and a heavy duty hinge mech as well. It is affordable and like the LED indicator! I have one on preorder with mtp, Nariichi is researching if the wall wart is a universal 100-240, I hope, I hope, I hope. Step down transformer would not be horrid, but they are not liked here by insurance companies so you need to leave them unplugged when not in use.

Jeff

• Like 1

The power supply looks similar to the newer Tomix power supplies.  The whole thing is removable.  So if it isn't 100-240V switching mode transformer, then you'll be able to attach your own from you local region.

Good news, Nariichi got the controller in and it is indeed a universal 100-240 supply! so i have one coming to play with!

cheers

jeff

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

Good news, Nariichi got the controller in and it is indeed a universal 100-240 supply! so i have one coming to play with!

cheers

jeff

Jeff. I need to add another controller too. Are Tomix connections fairly compatible with Unitrack ?

If you cut a tomix and kato wire and connect them together then yes. Otherwise kato and rokuhan use mini tamiya while tomix uses raster pin molex connectors together with futaba and most servo and computer manufacturers.

You can get ready made conversion cables from 3rd party sources.

Signal,

Yep should work fine with unitr,mjust as kvp outlined just have to wire it to the tracks. I'll make a tomix to power pole connector so that I can just pop it onto the club layout (we use power pole connectors for the whole power buss then just use converters to go to what ever throttle connector needed) and I have a power pole to kato already made for home use.

Looking forward to the throttle, it looks like great fun!

Jeff

• Like 1

It's essentially works the same as the new Tomix one, except you can get an N and a H0 variant, provides power for Tomix and Kato point switches and you can adjust the constant lighting, starting voltage, acceleration/deceleration rates (not just the CL level), plus the main power switch is actually a key. I think the two products are pretty much the same, except the Tomix one is plastic, while the Cosmic one is metal. (and the handle is a bit more adult sized)

ps: the only problem might be the 100V AC pack, which is not usable even in the US

Hi all, I hope all are having a nice and safe holiday season.

By the way, does anyone know where to find additional information about the controller below (a video would be great)?

I think Cosmic is quite a small company - based in a model shop outside of Osaka.

I’m guessing they probably build one for you when they receive an order.
The official web site is here:
There’s some more detail on the CP-163 here:
  • Like 1

Here's another video.  The lighting is a little different, the controller is a bit easier to see.  There's a second output on the back labeled TCS.  Is this for accessories?  You can also plug in switch controls on the left side.

and another.  This guy runs an EF81 with one passenger car and a Toden 8800 series tram.  Neither responds as smoothly to the controller's increasing voltage as the trains in the previous videos

Edited by miyakoji
  • Like 1

There's a second output on the back labeled TCS.  Is this for accessories? 

TCS (Train Connector System) port is used to link some accessories like signals (2,3,4, and 5 aspects) and level crossing (Tomix 5569).

Edited by nxcale
  • Like 1

HHmmm... this new controller looks very promising. A good controller with slow pickup and deceleration and at a decent cost. Looks REALLY promising... but the size is putting me off a little...

When would Tomix re-make a controller with sound functions?  :)

Thanks for the videos above. Yes, the response in the first video looks smoother than the others.

Nevertheless, the overall performance shown is better that I initially expected.

Yeah overall I think this thing looks cool, I'm looking forward to reading cteno4's opinion.  There are probably a lot of factors that could contribute to the performance shown in that last video, I just thought I'd include it in case anyone has observations about it.

HHmmm... this new controller looks very promising. A good controller with slow pickup and deceleration and at a decent cost. Looks REALLY promising... but the size is putting me off a little...

It's difficult to judge the exact size of this from the videos and pictures, but I suppose it's not very large.  Are you looking for something really substantial?

It's difficult to judge the exact size of this from the videos and pictures, but I suppose it's not very large.  Are you looking for something really substantial?

I saw this photo from the guy's blog: http://ameblo.jp/ivory-train/entry-12110959321.html

o0800045013523986442.jpg

So I guess it's smaller than the regular N600 controller....

Actually, this is kind of a good controller, and definitely a huge upgrade from the older N600 dial controller... I just hoped that:

1) The handle is a tad bigger, something like the size of the handle on the RMC-M1J VVVF 1:

2) There is an option of sound, much like the Kato sound box, in the near future... I really hope Tomix has their own sound controller ~

3) The DU202 is great but of course I shouldn't be comparing that to this as they are sort of a different range of product and the DU202's price is almost twice of this...