New Gallery software

Darren Jeffries

Hi Guys... I have installed some better Gallery software which also allows for videos and mp3 files (not to be abused)

If you added anything to the Gallery on Tuesday 16th June, you will need to go and check that it converted over to the new gallery.

Please let me have your thoughts and any bug reports.

Cheers!

I tried to use the "mass upload" option to re-upload the images that were lost in the software transfer and it didn't work. I was able to choose different files but the "upload" button was not answering. I don't know if it's me or just a more general problem.

Darren Jeffries

Wow that's great news Darren thank you, hopefully we'll see more layout videos & station announcements in mp3's.

You are welcome. And now I have ironed out a few bugs I thought i would list some of the new features:

• Maximum filesize is 3MB… anything higher than that will be converted by the software to reduce its size.

• Maximum picture size is 1024x768 pixels… again the software will convert if bigger.

• All conceivable types of picture format are now supported. But bear in mind that if the software converts a file due to size or filesize, it will be converted to JPG

• Most Video formats are now supported, as is direct embedded videos from other websites or youtube.

• MP3s are supported and there is an inbuilt player to the software that will play the file direct from the gallery. I would kindly ask that this be used only train related stuff, not the latest release from Beyonce!!!

• All picture, mp3 and video viewing is built into the software, however if you wish to download any file, the function is at the bottom of the item details.

• If you have used a digital camera which record EXIF data, this will be displayed also in the item details.

• You can create your own album, to keep all your pictures together… please only do this for “Your Fleets” and “Your Layouts”. Prototype pictures are generic and should be left as such.

• On the Forum index page, at the very bottom, the six latest additions will be shown in thumbnail format.

Update on features..... File types accepted are:

Image files: bmp, png, gif, jpg, jpe, jpeg

Audio files: mp2, mp3, mpga, ram, ra, wax, wma, m4a, a-latm, ogg, rpm, mka, wav

Video files: avi, mpg, mpeg, mpe, wmv, mxu, m4u, movie, qt, mov, rv, flv, mp4, mkv

Multimedia archives: zip

There are many more, but I cant remember them all off the top of my head. Enjoy!!!!

Darren Jeffries

I tried to use the "mass upload" option to re-upload the images that were lost in the software transfer and it didn't work. I was able to choose different files but the "upload" button was not answering. I don't know if it's me or just a more general problem.

Yes you are right, I just tried this too... I will look into this.

Good.

One thought, will it be possible to have the possibility to move images between general albums to personal albums?

Darren Jeffries

You can already move images between folders.

At the bottom of the attached pic, you can see the buttons you need.

Actually, you cant... i'll look into whether it can be added.

itemdetails.JPG

Warning to everybody:  every single picture of the gallery that was hotlinked is now impossible to see. The software change has also changed every single picture url. If you wish to make those images reappear in your post you will then have to modify the url of the said pictures.

Darren Jeffries

Yes, this didn’t occur to me at the time of starting this thread, but any post you have written that has an image hotlinked from the gallery, will need updating with the new url. The new software stores the pictures in a different place.

Sorry.

I don’t think there are many though.

It seems that direct linking from the Forum Gallery doesn't work anymore.

MGalleryItem.php?id=375

Am I the only one not see the picture? And I do think it was still working 15 minutes ago.

Darren Jeffries

So I tried pasting the given direct link into a window and it didn't work (for exemple this: http://www.jnsforum.com/MGalleryItem.php?id=383). Then I tried to use this type of link (http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=media&id=390) between the [/img] beacon... didn't work either.

OK, this is what i have discovered. Using the direct link code does NOT work. However the BBC code DOES work. So using the examples Vincent has used above you would do this:

enter:

[ smg id=383 ]

to get this:

[smg id=383]

you dont need the IMG tags anymore just the code in the square brackets (no spaces - i could not get the code to display properly!!!)

Darren Jeffries

Thanks Darren, you even edited the tags and everything in my posts. :):):)

No  problem. Service with a smile :grin

I'm starting to be fed up of this... So it appears that there is maximum amount of photo that can be display on each subject/page. It's ten and I don't know if it's linked to the new software or not. But at the end I just can't make some kind of reportage thread if the amount of direct photo is so limited.

exemple: my Personal Project No. 3 - Keikyu Type 1500 subject]http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,1223.msg11002.html#new]my Personal Project No. 3 - Keikyu Type 1500 subject

Darren Jeffries

Fixed... was a setting in the layout functions. Limit is now 1000!!! that should give you plenty to work with!