Train Driver's View Dutch Railways

Densha

Because Dutch trains usually don't feature a front-view for passengers as Japanese trains do, this Dutch train driver decided to mount a camera on his head and take the job of recording the Dutch railways on video.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOb1NsCFMQtk01tGQ96cPzQ

Here an early evening intercity drive with an ICM type EMU from Hoofddorp (yard) to Hilversum via Schiphol Airport and Amsterdam South station:

Edited by Densha
  • Like 1

I found another youtube channel with driver cab views of Dutch railways: https://www.youtube.com/user/meesterpaul2

The video below shows the Leiden - Rotterdam part of the Amsterdam - Dordrecht intercity service on a beautiful late afternoon in summer 2014. This intercity service is actually a rebranded ordinary 'sneltrein' (express; or in Japanese terms I'd even call it a rapid). This is the busiest stretch of track in the Netherlands which is quite visible methinks, even though there are less and shorter services because of the summer vacation.

Also clearly visible are the works for the railway tunnel in Delft. Next week will be the last for the old station and nice view from the viaduct of my hometown. :( The last train on the viaduct will run at February 21st and after a week of closure the tunnel will open on February 28. As you can see on the video, the tunnel is now only built for two tracks. After demolition of the viaduct an additional tunnel with two more tracks will be built at the space that is then available to build on to create a total of four tracks. Some other stretches of track will also be expanded to four tracks.