• Limited Expresses & Expresses
    • Commuters
    • Locals
    • Joyful trains
    • EMUs
    • DMUs
    • Steam traction
    • Loco haul

We some options only have 2 votes. But I'm counting more "I collect anything" posts that. So I'm guessing they don't collect everything?

My collection is pretty diverse, I ticked 13 boxes.

I selected all the boxes.

Luckily all most Australians (even railway modellers and enthusiasts) know about Japanese railways is that they have things called bullet trains so I can get away with anything. :)

• Like 1

Luckily all most Australians (even railway modellers and enthusiasts) know about Japanese railways is that they have things called bullet trains so I can get away with anything. :)

LOL Very true, though.

Mudkip Orange

*Predominantly* Kansai-area private stock + JR Tokai, but that goes out the window when Tomytec releases some random two-car DMU/EMU from somewhere that catches my fancy.

Yeah, but WE know about Japanese railways...what makes you think WE'LL let you get away with anything? :)

You're right though, the majority of Australian gunzels are still very parochial.

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by marknewton
  • Like 1

I've been trying to distract myself from buying more trains so I decided to learn more about the trains I do have and the railroad companies that operate them.  Well according to my roster I'm a big fan of JR East but really by mere coincidence as I was not really aware of the different companies when I purchased them.  I might begin to set some loose parameters now that I'm more informed, maybe.

Here's a breakdown of my trains by company.

JR East - 30

West - 5

Central - 4

Kyushu - 2

JRF Locos only - 5

JNR - 8

Other / Private - 12

ScooterTheGreat

I started out as JNR, pre-1965, but that slowly became pre-1970, then pre-1973, then pre-1975, then pre-1977, then pre-1980. Now it's pre-1984. I imagine soon it will become anything with a JNR badge.

Funny, I find myself going backwards (albeit from a late JNR/early JR starting point), am developing quite a fascination with early electric locos.

Mostly JNR from the early days of large scale electrification until the privatization but i have a few JR and private trains. Mainly EMU-s only with a few locomotives (with some loco hauled passenger stock). Another bigger group is the Hakone Tozan until the new (swiss) paints were introduced. The general time for most of my sets are early 1980-ies. I also plan to get a few JNR DMU-s sooner or later.

Hmm...  I'm not really picky when it comes to which what I model/ collect.  If it looks good to me, I'm going to get it.  Though for this I do prefer Shinkansens, DMU's, and EMU's.