Pay tax and get model train

nartak

If you are resident of Japan and obliged to pay tax in Japan, you will have a chance to get train set while paying tax.

Tsurugashima city in Saitama prefecuture will give you either one of the train set below with a donating certain amount of money through "Furusato Nozei (ふるさと納税)" scheme, which is the amount of your money donated to local government will be tax deducted.

Either one can be provided with a donation of 10,000 Yen
1. KATO 7012-1 (DD13) and KATO 8044 (Chiki5000)
2. KATO 10-807 (series 113-2000 Yokosuka color) with 4 x 186mm track

Either one can be provided with a donation of 30,000 Yen
1. M1 track set, Electric Locomotive, and Series 20 coach set (looks like HolidayPal)
2. HO Gauge EF510 Starter Set

Further information can be found below (written in Japanese)
http://www.ictcms.jp/tsurugashima/furusato/item_list.html

This Furusato Nozei thing is getting attention from people as they get gift from the local government in return of the money you paid to them and it is now getting nationwide competition to get money from people by attracting with return (mainly food seems popular item).

• Like 2

30K for HO set.. WHAT?

I don't really understand where the profit is, but the locomotive + 2 cars starter set is worth around 30k yen. (actually between 22k and 35k according to google) Also each item is limited quantity, so it might come from leftover stock from local shops or something similar. Maybe someone could explain how is this good for the local government and where the trick is?

I don't really understand where the profit is, but the locomotive + 2 cars starter set is worth around 30k yen. (actually between 22k and 35k according to google) Also each item is limited quantity, so it might come from leftover stock from local shops or something similar. Maybe someone could explain how is this good for the local government and where the trick is?

The item is directly provided from KATO.

KATO has a factory in Tsurugashima city and both of them are cooperating for this activity.

I think KATO is not making any profit out of this. 

My wife on the matter (we're considering joining this tax movement, as we like to promote local products): "You can do this if you need to pay prefectural tax for your own company. This is not for 'us'." By 'us' she means 'me', since I'm pretty sure our son would appreciate a DD13 with a few container cars in a few years, as would daddy now... xD

The item is directly provided from KATO.

KATO has a factory in Tsurugashima city and both of them are cooperating for this activity.

I think KATO is not making any profit out of this. 

Yap I think it's not for profit, more like Kato is contributing this as a form of tax relief for the company from the government. For example, companies in Singapore can contribute money or gifts for charitable organisation and they get a tax relief in return.

For Kato, I think they're simply clearing excess stocks in their warehouse or letting go stocks that are not moving well, at the same time contribution to get tax relief for the company. In a way, it's kinda a good trade.