Platform barriers

Stoofer

Could anyone help me out?

From 4:30 in the attached youtube link the platforms shown feature passenger barriers along the front edge.  Does anyone know who produces these, maybe a part number??

Many thanks

I had thought the pack only contained catenary parts so thanks very much for the information and the quick reply.

:)

I had thought the pack only contained catenary parts so thanks very much for the information and the quick reply.

:)

Then guards/fences are in the items pictures?

Well spotted and thank you.  I suspect the above may be easier to read than the ones supplied in the box  :)

Happy New Year

what kvp posted.  and yes kvp you are correct.  the F pieces are the walls.

there was already a link to the product with a picture within this thread.  but if you go straight to the manufacturers website, they have pics of the walls also.

http://www.katomodels.com/product/nmi/kinko_homu.shtml

http://www.katomodels.com/cgi-bin/nmi_zoomview.cgi?id=kinko_homu&num=4&cue=rewrite

Edited by katoftw

Oh lord, it's bad enough we have to deal with those in real life now, but do we really need to add the suck of platform barriers to modeling now!? I can't express enough how much I loath these things.

but do we really need to add the suck of platform barriers to modeling now!? 

Depends on the date range of your prototype and how close do you want to be to reality. If you model something in 1964, then platform gates are not needed. If you want to be 100% correct and model something in the present or near past, then you'll need them. Also shinkansen platform gates are not exactly a new thing. Just be careful how you place them, since they limit the type of rolling stock that can realistically stop at that platform.

ps: I'm still not sure why they don't use vertical doors that sink down into the platform. That would allow the barriers to be divided up to 1 meter or so blocks and blocks would sink down depending on the type of rolling stock stopping by. This would also allow manual operation with all doors going down for nonstandard stock. (like this, only with platform doors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPW90iZoCYM ) It's not as easy to install them as conventional ones, but they would look much nicer (no posts and they can be made out of clear plastic) and in open position, they are practically invisible. Also impossible to get caught in them, since the extra weight of anyone standing on them could be detected by the door easily.

Since we're on the topic of platform doors for N scale, how about this one?

Someone made a really neat N scale real-working platform screen gate! The gates CAN be opened  manually (though automatic would be even nicer)! 

Edited by JR500 のぞみ