Looking for Blueprints / Reference photos/designs of Shinkansens. Please help!

Yoshiesque

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here so please be gentle if I have missed something or am requesting too much from the community.

I am an avid train enthusiast, with small collection of N Gauge trains, ranging from Shinkansen through to Skyliner, Narita Express and various Trams.  I have never built my own layout as I have a small apartment and fear my gf might cause some accidental damage if I were to embark upon setting up my collection.  

The next best thing for me to do, is to attempt to model these trains in 3D Studio Max and hopefully be able to output them into various games such as Train Fever so I and the rest of the train community can build their ultimate layout using their beloved trains without encroaching on their valuable living space ;)

My question to everyone here is if someone can help me locate reference photos or blueprints of the E6 (Super Komachi) or E7 so that I can attempt to build these trains for everyone to use at their will.  What I am looking for is :

For each carriage or the whole train connected.

• Front View 
  • Side View
  • Top View
  • Back View

Here are some examples of the e6 and n700 I found online, unfortunately they're not exactly what I'm after as I cannot find front / top / back views to match.

post-2812-0-00207800-1419749506_thumb.png

post-2812-0-58916600-1419749564_thumb.jpg

Here is an example of a reference photo of an Audi TT car using similar reference photos I am trying to find.

post-2812-0-33190800-1419749587_thumb.jpg

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction, even if it is not a Shinkansen, I'd be interested in finding blueprints of the NEX or Skyliner if possible.

I look forward to hearing from you all!

Regards,
Yoshiesque (^_-)

post-2812-0-00207800-1419749506_thumb.png

post-2812-0-58916600-1419749564_thumb.jpg

post-2812-0-33190800-1419749587_thumb.jpg

Searching for a train blueprint on internet is really painful.. You should search it on some train magazines, but usually they are only available in Japan..

As the previous poster said, good luck finding such stuff for free on the web. If you are really serious about your project, be prepared to invest some money in purchasing books or magazines.

Edited by bikkuri bahn

As the previous poster said, good luck finding such stuff for free on the web. If you are really serious about your project, be prepared to invest some money in purchasing books or magazines.

Yes I am serious about this project, understanding where to go to find this information whether it be magazines or books is all part of it.  Happy to invest money in order to recreate a comprehensive true to form rendition of the trains on my wish list.

When you ask for "blueprints"' do you mean a general arrangement drawing?

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi Mark,

Yes, a general arrangement drawing would be a great start.  As much reference material as possible is what I am trying to collate.

Thanks for the reply.