Running H0 trains in the garden... oh well, why not?

Densha

Nice! Wished I had a garden...

One question, are the tracks weather proof? Also, if the tracks are exposed to weather, doesn't that makes the track rust, or dust settle resulting in dirty tracks?

I think all tracks and equipment is removed after use. Maybe they even remove the concrete (?) structures to access the garden normally.

That concrete looks suspiciously like painted wood to me and as far as i see the posts can remain, since they are not blocking any roads. Anyway, i would be worried about UV radiation, since the indoor trains are mostly non UV protected, so you can get yellowing and other UV damage on both rolling stock and the rails, even when they are used only in nice weather.

Or the worst case: The train will melt.

Copper melts at 1085 degrees, aliminium melts at 660, abs melts (kinda) at 105. I dont think so.

kvp hit on a good point about UV degradation, but you'd still need 3-4 months of daily running/constant exposure to have any effects.  The intermittent expore of running model trains outside, I'd be doubtful of any real effects.

Edited by katoftw
Mudkip Orange

The Brits run their trains outside all the time.

If you Youtube "OO Gauge Garden Railway" you get a bunch of limeys.

If you Youtube "HO Scale Garden Railway" you get... a bunch of limeys.

Some day I will likely pick up a Coronation or Peppercorn Class loco, set up an outdoor track, proclaim it to be my "OO garden railway," and then proceed to run doublestacks on it.