Kato v2 dimensions ?

Irish Padre

About to invest in some more Unitrack and needed some advice please. The table I've got running rights on is just between 35 and 36 inches wide, and just on 72 inches long. Could I fit a V2 viaduct set in that space? It struck me that I could reduce the width of the layout by taking out the short straights at the left and right sides of the oval - is that possible or are those straights essential for good running? Thanks - apologies for another dumb question!!

You can take the two straights out, but then the incline piers have to be moved around to keep them in order. That means one more straight has to be added to each side on the horizontal section. Adding them to the top would make the layout 86 inches long, so you have to add them to the front. Which rules out adding a through station, but a turnout could be added for a terminal station in the middle. This seems a bit tight but doable.

Edited by kvp

I think it is also possible but will require some playing around to make it all work.  Changing the peir locations ins't anything to hard.

A full half circle of R315 curves + width of ballast/viaducting is 25 inches.  So still got 10 inches of workable space to move track around.