JR East Sagami Line, Chigasaki to Hachiōji

Sacto1985

That is Atsugi station. Hashimoto looks quite different and the wikipedia article is correct (please please stop assuming and check facts before spreading fantasies).

The platform configuration is there as it is now since (heavy?) freight traffic stopped, and the track where the current platform is now was abandoned. The platform is literally built on top of this old freight track because before this, passengers needed to cross the tracks to get to the now abandoned platform. Very annoying if you wanted to catch your train (amongst maintenance and safety reasons).

P.s. if you feel wikipedia is incorrect, you can edit the articles yourself. Just don't be surprised if it gets edited again because of false information.

Edited by Toni Babelony

Oops now that I look closer I mistook the second kanji on the red part of the signboard for 本 instead of 木 so I presumed it was Hashimoto. The text on the left of the signboard obviously reads as Hashimoto, but that's not this station. :P

Thanks for the explanation!

• Like 1

By the way, YouTube member 9876tatsu filmed a really nice zenmen tenbou video of the JR East Sagami Line from Hashimoto south to Chigasaki Stations:

• Like 2

The Sagami line is pretty east coast-ish. Or do you mean somewhere more provincial in the north-east like Sendai?

The Sagami line is pretty east coast-ish. Or do you mean somewhere more provincial in the north-east like Sendai?

Actually, more like a slightly busier version of the JR West Kakogawa Line.

It seems the Sagami line trains have undergone a little recolouring of their bands:

o0480036013577162993.jpg

This happened in February already, but I frankly didn't notice at all, as this happened only on a few sets that were due to an overhaul anyway. There are still sets running around with the old 'greenish' colours. I don't think this happens very systematically, as the R3 formation I was on last saturday still have the old colour bands. IMO the new blue looks much fresher and is closer to the liveries used by Odakyu and Sōtetsu, though not much of an improvement over that weird front that implies a cab door, which isn't there.

Anyway, last saturday, I managed to take my son out for a ride from Ebina to Hashimoto and back (my shoulder still hurts from carrying him to look at the driver). Completing my personal run on the line. Once again, the Sagami line doesn't imply being built by JNR/JGR, but a private company. The ROW isn't wide, housing is very near to the tracks at some points, plenty of curves that a state railway would have straightened out in the planning phase, and a general laid-back atmosphere.

Aside from the not so likeable 205-500 Series, I'm loving this line more and more.

P.s. a little fun thing I noticed on the Sagami line, is that the door stickers have local characters warning the guests:

Edited by Kabutoni
  • Like 2