Nankai Railway Peach x Rapi:t

If it's going to be like the drawings I think it looks better than the red version.  Wouldn't mind a model of this one.

I can hardly wait for the Micro Ace models in red and pink.

Considering how long MA are taking to release models currently.  I'd expect a red and pink version in 2025. :laughing6:

Sorry guys but I know the Nankai Rapi:T is very cool to some of you, but I still couldn't get it. I thought it looked kinda weird (ugly) with the rounded front and side lights... Sorry but I just couldn't like the Rapi:T....

That's ok jr500 we won't ridicule you (well too much that is)!

Being a big Jules Verne fan I love it for that, but also the fact that its very awkward in train terms look I actipually a nice piece of design.

Not sure how the peach or purple will look on the real thing.

Jeff

I thought it looked like a McKeen cars oval windows with a Dreyfuss NYC Hudson front end,

My first encounter was it arriving at Kansai I sought permission to go onto the platform and have a closer look and take some photos.Compared to the other trainsets using Kansai airport it looks pretty spectacular.this was in '99.

ATShinkansen

I always thought the Nankai 50000 looked like the result of a collision between a NYC Dreyfuss Hudson and Sonic the Hedgehog!

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts

I'm gonna have to get both this and the red version if MicroAce decides to do models of them... Even though I'm supposed to not be buying any more rolling stock for a while ;)

• Like 1

The positive side to that is that MA probably won't be releasing it any time in the near future considering their already enormous backlog on their release schedule.

Are they repainting this train from the previous Red Gundam one? 

Are they going to do any special interior decoration like the Red Gundam one?

Martijn Meerts

The positive side to that is that MA probably won't be releasing it any time in the near future considering their already enormous backlog on their release schedule.

True.. Although the question is, what's causing the backlog? If they're all completely new trains with new tooling that keep getting delayed, it might be an idea for them to relatively quickly manufacture a train that will definitely sell well. They have the tooling for the Rapi:t, and they could release all 3 version with a relatively small amount of additional work for the 2 repainted versions. they could even do a limited edition box set with all 3 of them which will likely sell out almost instantly.

Sorry guys but I know the Nankai Rapi:T is very cool to some of you, but I still couldn't get it. I thought it looked kinda weird (ugly) with the rounded front and side lights... Sorry but I just couldn't like the Rapi:T....

I like how it's a kind of mix of old fashioned yet futuristic, like how the past imagined the future.

It also looks like something Batman would ride on.

I'm planning to ride on that train on 3rd January going to Kansai Airport and back on the 12th or 13th, if anyone got a timeable of this train pm me!

I prefer the gundam design but still a nice looking train. Any special feature inside?

Edited by Jensen