Ueno Tokyo Line test runs begin

bikkuri bahn

bikkuri bahn

Well I was having a double cap at my favorite Starbucks in Tokyo when I noticed a train running on the Ueno Tokyo line just this afternoon. I hurriedly finished my drink and rushed over to the Tokaido Line platforms. At the time I was there, they were running a 185 series trainset and an e233 trainset (e55) between Tokyo station and ?, I'm not sure. There were about 4 or 5 other fans from watching and filming. The test trains were using platform 9 at Tokyo station. Sorry no pictures or video now as I'm off the grid except for this cellphone. You can find videos on youtube now.

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up, I don't think I'd have seen these otherwise.  Looks like the E233s and 185s can make it up the grade.  Check out the view around 1:50 and 3:50:

Doesn't look quite so bad from a different angle, at 1:00:

Where's this Starbucks you like?  Good view of the lines?  After a double cap I could probably keep up with the trains.  On foot.  :grin

Edited by miyakoji

I'll be more impressed when they start test running the E657 EMU's used on the Hitachi limited express service between Ueno and Tokyo Stations on the new line.