NYTimes: U.S. Issues Safety Alert for Oil Trains

cteno4

bill937ca

What are they going to do, text them? I saw three trains in 20 minutes yesterday on the CP line here.

What are they going to do, text them? I saw three trains in 20 minutes yesterday on the CP line here.

No, the result could be a kind of time table for oil trains, with train number, time, location, consist size tables for every shipment. The article mentions 30 days before shipping, so this could became a monthly issue or a website with up to date info on the location of every freight train with tank cars. (if they could add mandatory gps tracking and real time status uploads to every train this could seriously shorten emergency response times)

those guys do look tiny on that car. yeah freight here aint tiny! pretty much super sizing what ever they can!

use to rarely see much tanker traffic, now you can see big strings of the big ones a lot! lots of oil development in the last 20 years again in the us and in areas w/o pipelines to get it out so been using a lot of tanker trains. problem is they are still way behind in upgrading them to safer heavier and double wall construction.

jeff

Mudkip Orange

Everytime someone in my social circle derps about how we need to block keystone or some other pipeline I just point to RR derailments and say "see? this is the alternative."