Chitetsu reservations

Nick_Burman

Nick_Burman

Hello all,

Is there a way to reserve Limited Express seats on the Chitetsu? Their page has zero English content, rather surprising given that they are the end of the Alpenroute and are the access to the Kurotetsu (both of which have English content...)...failing other sources, would someone make a reservation for me? I would like 2 seats next to the motorman :D on an morning train, Toyama to Unazuki Onsen...

Cheers NB

Dear Nick_Burman,

As I check the Chitetsu web and also called them for clarification, here is the information.

1. They takes seat reservation trains operates only on Saturday, Sunday and Japanese public holidays.

2. They only takes seat reservation and not seat assignment.  Seat number will be assigned on the day of the ride at ticketing window.

3. Reservation window is open from 2 month to 3 days before the ride.

4. Only car No. 2 is reserved seat.  So car No. 1 and 3 are non-reserved seat.  You only need to purchase train ticket and express ticket.  So if you want the seat next to motorman, then need to go to station and queue up early.  But as I see the seatmap, there seems no seat close to motorman place.  The space seems common standing place or something...

Hope this clarifies.  Please let me know if you need any help.

Nick_Burman

Dear Nick_Burman,

As I check the Chitetsu web and also called them for clarification, here is the information.

1. They takes seat reservation trains operates only on Saturday, Sunday and Japanese public holidays.

2. They only takes seat reservation and not seat assignment.  Seat number will be assigned on the day of the ride at ticketing window.

3. Reservation window is open from 2 month to 3 days before the ride.

4. Only car No. 2 is reserved seat.  So car No. 1 and 3 are non-reserved seat.  You only need to purchase train ticket and express ticket.  So if you want the seat next to motorman, then need to go to station and queue up early.  But as I see the seatmap, there seems no seat close to motorman place.  The space seems common standing place or something...

Hope this clarifies.  Please let me know if you need any help.

nartak,

Thank you very much for going out of your way for checking these details... It will still be another month before I arrive in Toyama, I can furnish the exact date. I wonder if there will be space by then...It doesn't need to be in front, it can be at the rear of the train too, after all it reverses at Kami-Ichi-guchi so it doesn't matter very much...

Cheers NB