DCC Decoder for Zoukei Mura HO Scale Shinkansen Series 0

Folks;

I recently received my HO Zoukei Mura Shinkansen. I ran it this week end and....WOW! It ran beautifully on an analog system and was a real head turner. Lots of admiring glances from model rail fans at the shop where I ran it. I want to add a DCC decoder and I have a couple of questions.

1. How do you access the car with the drive in it? I do not read Japanese. I tried to get shell off and had no luck.  Any suggestions?

2. Where do you obtain a decoder and speaker for this engine. Instructions show a picture decoder for it and speaker. It does not look like anything I am familiar with here in the US. I am not sure but it may be a European decoder . Any idea where I can get the decoder and speaker described in the instructions? I assume it was not included...but since I can not read the instructions I have no way of knowing.

I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

Regards

Jere Ingram

bnicolas1987

Hi,

The decoder is a 21 pins, I have fitted mine with an ESU and it works very good (for the couple of meter it has run...)

The decoder takes place in the motors cars, be careful, one decoder per motor car.

The Motor car is quite easy to open, I manage to do it with the help of only the pictures and it was very easy for me, just be careful to some place where not touch, but it is showed in the instructions.

The lights are commanded by the decoder with the specials couplers, but this is the same in analogic, without the couplers, there is no front lights.

For the sounds, maybe someone in Japan can ask to Zoukeimura where to find them.

I hope I helped you, I cannot take pictures of the train yet, it is at my parents home.

See you.

Nicolas

Nicolas;

Thanks for the info. I suspected that it was a 21 pin decoder. I have only one motor car at this point. This decoder is an EU standard and it is not in wide spread use in the US yet.

Regards

Jere Ingram

They sell the decoder with the speaker at the zuokei mura yahoo store. It only ships to japan so you may need a japan buying service like tenso deliver to US. The shinkansen sounds are already preloaded on the decoder.

This is the link to the product.

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/hobbysquare/4518992504438.html

hope this helps...

Edited by leexx405
bnicolas1987

18'000 yen for a sound decoder, the price isn't to high, but I won't buy them, i need at least four decoders for my train, so it will be a little too expensive...

Tetsudo Mokei Fan

With the ESU decoders, you may consider to purchase one sound version and the remaining just the ESU motor decoder and have them Consisted or MU or have the same ID.

I purchased one sound version from the Tokyo Model Rail Expo in 2011 and will have just the motor decoders for the rest.

Cheers