Shimakaze site seeing train between Toba and Osaka

We are visiting Japan from 28th March for 2 weeks. We would like to make a round trip Osaka-Nagoya-Toba-Osaka. We would be having the Japan rail pass but while returning from Toba to Osaka we don't mind taking a private train. Would it be possible to use the new Shimakaze train. What are the scheduled timings from Toba to Osaka?

Any help appreciated.

Shree

Guest keio6000

go to hyperdia.com/en and look for trains befween TOBA and OSAKA-UEHOMMACHI or OSAKA-NAMBA.  Spell both osaka stations with the dash as i have.  look for results that say TOURISM LTD. EXP SHIMAKAZE. There are not many.  For example, however, there is one however on 1630 many days.  You will notice it costs more than the regular kintetsu limited expresses.

you can also do this on the kintetsu website, but it is only in japanese and i think you can get what you want from hyperdia.  if you need instructions how to do this, please ask and i'll write them.

if you like 'comfort' trains and are on a green japan rail pass, i highly recommend a trip on the super view odoriko.   this was surprisingly nice when i took it.  make sure you book a place in the front wagon.  for example, if you are taking a shinkansen from tokyo to kyoto or osaka and have extra time, take the super view odoriko from tokyo to odawara and then take the shinkansen from there.  it's very worth it.

Good luck

Edited by keio6000

Try to make sure you get reservations for the train as soon as you arrive in the Kansai or Tokai region- the train often is booked up, especially on weekends.

Keio6000, Bikkuri bahn and Kitayama all thank you so much for your valuable information. I am sure it is members like you who are going to make our second trip to Japan more enjoyable. Many thanks again....Shree