User-name change (gotta be me, fwiw....)

Hi, all--

I've decided to drop the "pilotfish" username and just use my actual name. "Pilotfish" was just a private joke to me when I was getting on forums to learn about things, hanging around the edges, and picking up scraps from the sharks.  :)  Nothing to do with being a pilot (I'm not one) or going fishing (I do rarely, but am famous for my bad luck), so probably not a great choice.

Anyway, I hope this isn't a pain, but since I'm planning to hang around, this seemed to make sense.

Darren Jeffries

Not at all Scott, this is not a forum with many thousands of lurkers so will be good to have more personable names.

LOL scott, didnt know you were that much of a biologist at heart! no wonder we had a good time at lunch! did not dawn on me the use of the name in relationship to forums, very clever!

i have had cteno4 for almost 30 years when many unix admins did not like folks having recognizable words/names as user ids! none at the time were biologists and realized what a ctenophore was...

cheers,

jeff

Leo--at least I resisted the temptation of "fishbulb."  :)

Jeff--yeah, I was hoping to ask about all your marine-biology references, but there was only so much time (and it was so loud in there!).

Sushi--you just got your "welcome" message on Tuesday, so you wouldn't remember me.  :)

LOL, i made my design partner fall out of his chair when i showed him the fishbulb clip! he does a lot of high end logos and loved it from all the whacky client charades the has had to go though! he also roared at the episode where they get gehry to build their cultural center as he worked in his office and got to see him making crumpled paper models like 30 years ago!

well the food court was quieter than the main hall with that am idol singing! my stomach still churns when i think of that!

cheers

jeff

Yeah, the echo-torture hall was just painful. Maybe next time we should meet at the National Aquarium--I still haven't been there yet.  :)