Tomix HO freight cars

Nick_Burman

Hello all,

I think I know the answer, however it doesn't cost much to ask...what are the possibilities of finding Tomix HO scale TaKi3000, TaKi1900, TaKi 9900, HoKi5700 and HoKi7500 in shops, even second-hand? Will Tomix ever rerun these cars?

Cheers NB

G'day Nick,

The only suggestion I can offer is to look on Yahoo Japan auctions

Recently I've won auctions for an unbuilt pair of TaKi3000 kits, an unbuilt pair of HoKi5700 kits, and three Hoki800s built/ready-to-run. They all went for about the same prices as listed in my 2006 copy of the Tomix catalog, so I can't complain about the cost. So they are out there.

Going back a while, I bought a pair of TaKi1900 kits and a built TaKi9900 from HobbySearch, and I noticed at the time they were the last they had in stock. Since then the TaKi9900 been listed as "terminated".

I also scored a Kato KuMoHa40, and a KuMoHa41/KuHa55 set, which pleased me no end!  :) 

Their factory finish is the brown "Grape No.2" colour, but I'm toying with repainting them. I've got some nice photos of these cars with a yellow panel on the cab front, in the blue and cream livery, or in all-over light blue. I probably need to research these liveries before making a decision. 

Also, please accept my apologies for not having responded to any of your recent posts - this is the first time in a while I've had a chance to sit down and have a proper look at the forum.

All the best for the New Year,

Mark.