The main plot probably wont be completed for some time.  You gotta remember that the original manga is only in its near youth and continuing.  So you cannot expect the following amine plot and conclusion to be completed any time soon.

Again I am surprized by the expectations of seasoned manga/amine enthusiasts.  If you dont know the original of this show, then use google.  You'll soon find the plot and see the female role within the manga original.  Even the covers of the 9 books are a dead give away.

Also again for the seasoned amine enthusiasts, I'm truly surprized at them not knowing the relationship between original mangas and later amine adaptations.  I've seen many amine have to be suspended while manga storylines and books continue to be released before more amines can be again animated to catch up.

While I admit this episode was a nothing episode.  Lots of amine series have episodes like this.  I'm sure on some of my dvds, there are episodes that I have only watched once.  It's normally the reason why I wait to watch a few episodes at one time.  I only watched EP1 to EP5 last week of Rail Wars.  And just watched EP6 two days ago.  So I may wait to EP10 or so before attempting to watch any more.

My comment on the episode is weird/ho hum/wha the?.  Giant blue JNR penguin, killer cats, Police chasing you for jaywalking, but ignoring you carrying and shooting a gun.  I feel stupdier (clearly not a real word and I blame this episode) for just watching this episode.

So in saying that, bring on episode 7.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

Point to note though, I like how the artist draw the cars too. They're very realistic! I can immediately know which car he is trying to portrait!

Yup they animate them very well.

Davo Dentetsu

Nothing episode huh?  Oh well, I'm used to it.  Ever watched the Suzumiya "Endless Eight"?  :D

The Next Station Is...

Posted in error... see next post until I can delete this one!

Edited by The Next Station Is...
The Next Station Is...

katoftw - the manga is only at volume 2 so I'd say the anime is probably ahead of the manga, although I haven't looked at the manga. The original light novels are up to volume 9 now.

I don't know how service-orientated the novels are but I have read that the author is not happy with the way his story has been adapted in the anime.

It's a curse of the anime industry that they too often start anime adaptions of manga and light novels way before any decent amount of story or consistency can be achieved. It's just to ride the wave of popularity, rather than be true to the original.

There are however adaptions that do much better (Toradora is a brilliant example) and the perceptions of Rail Wars! do depend on what you are comparing series to. If you compare it to 90% of anime, then yes, it's lack of plot is to be expected.

I'm not holding out for a satisfactory conclusion to the series. It's merely exploring a scenario.

Usui pass info in that episode.

Shonan 115 series in there also?

I think that's not correct. The 115's that went over Usui Pass usually had the Nagano color livery, which was white with a large blue stripe and a smaller Navy blue stripe.

I think that's not correct. The 115's that went over Usui Pass usually had the Nagano color livery, which was white with a large blue stripe and a smaller Navy blue stripe.

Not really. The Nagano livery is something from the JR era, not the JNR era. 115s ran indeed in their original Shōnan livery over the Usui Pass.

middle_1307360490.jpg

(other pictures with EF63s actually hauling 115s in Shonan livery seem hard to deeplink)

Amazing the 115 could make it up the Usui pass without the need of additional locomotive! I like the ending of the episode, while very interesting and most probably the situation which most guys will LOVE to be in, it's tough to know what to say next... Haha ~~

Indeed all the Character's names were something to do with the railway names:

1) Naoto Takayama - Takayama line 高山本線 by JR Central Toyama - Gifu Prefecture

2) Aoi Sakurai - Sakurai Line 桜井線 by JR West Nara Prefecture

3) Haruka Koumi - Koumi Line 小海線 by JR East Nagano Prefecture

4) Sho Iwazumi - Iwazumi Line 岩泉線 by JR East Iwate Prefecture

5) Nada Lida - Lida Line 飯田線 by Central Japan Nagano Prefecture

6) Mari Sassho - Sassho Line 札沼線 by JR Hokkaido, Hokkaido

7) Hitomi Gono - Gono Line 五能線 by JR East Aomori Prefecture  

8) Noa Kashima - Kashima Line 鹿島線 by JR East, Chiba-Ibaraki Prefecture

9) Tetsuya Narita - Narita Line 成田線 by JR East Chiba Prefecture

Interesting!

• Like 1

did you just confuse real life with an anime alternate universe? :toothy12:

Speaking of Rail Wars!, they just released a fan art book in Japan. I just ordered it through J-List in Japan, but it wasn't cheap: US$45 including air mail shippging from Japan to the USA.

The Next Station Is...

And when you think they really gone off into fantasy land, you find this:

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/国鉄ED40形電気機関車

(Usui pass electric rack locomotive, Railway Institute Omiya factory, 1919)

Pretty close to the thing in Rail Wars, at least in terms of shape and style. For reference, here it is:

post-940-14090819390814_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Next Station Is...
  • Like 1

Nope i'm still on it. Any idea which day of the week is it actually released?

The last episode about riding the ED40 with 'tiling' mechanism is kinda....

I think the anime is actually targeted to 'comfort' the typical rail fan otaku in Japan, that is termed to be the worst kind of guys that Japanese girls go for. So they depict Takayama as the rail otaku girl magnet, with over 4 super cute (and ample) girls after him now....  

Ep12 is good for KiHa 381* fans. Good tech info in their also.

* = Look more like a 485 to me, but I really know nothing about them.  Maybe ENG SUBS were bad.

Edited by katoftw

As far as i know, the 381 series was only manufactured with electric propulsion. The only turbine powered Japanese multiple unit i've ever found, the 391 series had the turbine unit in the central car and the prototype was a spectacular failiure. Dual turbine powercars were only used by the french turbotrains, the predecessors of the tgv. But the small railbus had a real prototype and it's also available in N.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/c51wa18900/archives/20047930.html

http://japaneseclass.jp/trends/about/キハ391

The small one, the kiha 10:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10027220

(a similar construction dmu, the Bzmot is still in use in Hungary and provides most of the branchline services, usually on rails laid in the late 19th century and not maintained at all)

To stay on topic, the first 12 episodes were a good introduction for a longer series and if Rail Wars is ever made into a longer series, then they will have lots of time to add an actual plot (and more inadequately dressed girls so people besides railfans will watch it).

• Like 1

Nice world craft 391 it looks like. Wonder if the kit is still around at all? Interesting train, does look like it was a dismal failure!

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.jijoweb.com/tx3e4.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dkiha%2B391%26start%3D10%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DN%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D672

http://turbotrain.net/en/kiha391.htm

Jeff

Just finished watching all 12 episodes and well, I know it's an anime and fictionous and all, it can get pretty far-fetched at times..

Just sprung to my attention, is Tomix a sponsor for Rail Wars?

Refer to attached screenshot of the last episode whereby all the girls Takayama had a hand in were in his room:

We could see the book cases of Tomix N scale models, since they are basically brown and blue, not green like Kato or other colours like MicroAces... Also, there is a large box on the upper right that is definitely Tomix, with it's trademark train picture...

post-819-0-07372300-1411892208_thumb.jpg