Tomytec Dekotora truck set -- now that would be cool!

cteno4

I just was looking at my old 1/144 scale dekotora toy trucks and thinking, wouldnt it be very cool if tomytec did a set of 12 that were done with their usual detail in painting and moulding! That would really be something distinctive. but i guess dekotora is pretty out of style these days. 

They could do a few of them as the poster and video ad trucks as well to make a set of very different trucks than have been released as of yet.

oh well i can dream. maybe i need to start scratch building one, that usually makes a release happen for the item half way thru!

cheers

jeff

Krackel Hopper

Given your previous track record of suggesting things just before Tomytec announces a release..

I expect to see a pre-order for this available within the next few months..

I joke, but I will also be the first to pre-order if this does become available.  I'd love a set of dekotora trucks, or even video/billboard advertising trucks

LOL, thats what im hoping! figured it might happen last time i bought a couple off ebay at a nasty price (compared to the less than 100 yen each the first ones i got which came from a second hand store in iwate)! 

Really want the parking lot or field scene with a little spontaneous dekotra show going on. fun to just have one going down the street as well!

cheers

jeff

Low Google-fu detected:

p1.jpg?ct=2bf236b5e1e6

In essence, tuning of trucks, Japanese style. Specifically 80's, 90's. Hachiōji loves these things. In a much lesser trim, these atrocities pass on the nearby National Road 16 on a hourly base. Usually only tuned exhaust pipes (sometimes a clear and great V8 sound is being produced) and massive Kanji depicting nothing that is.

Edited by Toni Babelony

Now this is quite hard to see as regulation getting tight time by time.

I saw a lot in my childhood.  Everyone should have seen the famous movie series "Truck Yarou" at that time....

they are bling vomit, but its like many baroque churches in europe, there is so much it goes all the way around to being fascinating. similar truck bling goes on the world around, but the japanese style really has something to it. also sort of a wild flip side to the traditional very clean and simple japanese design esthetic -- these are anything but that! Still goes on but seems more underground these days.

http://www.ufunk.net/en/insolite/dekotora-art-trucks-le-tuning-extreme-version-semi-remorque-japonais/

http://pinktentacle.com/2010/10/dekotora-art-trucks/

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/04/a-peek-into-the-magical-world-of-dekotora/

wow wonder if the old truck yarou movies ever got subtitled? ive only seen one dekotora movie and that was one about a lady running a noodle shop/truck stop and the main trucker character was a dekotora guy, got into the culture a little bit, but its been many years since i saw it and cant remember the name of the film and the plot and details are hazy.

cheers

jeff