Jaw dropping ignorance

bikkuri bahn

You'd think this fellow is just a caricature from a comedy skit, but he's for real, unfortunately:

Library funding in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana, may be diverted to a new jail thanks to a legislator who doesn't approve of the library's programs. Jail proponent and chair of the Lafourche Parish Council Lindel Toups supports a ballot measure that would take funding away from libraries.

“They’re teaching Mexicans how to speak English,” Toups told the local Tri-Parish Times, referencing Biblioteca Hispana, a Spanish-language section of one of the nine branch libraries. “Let that son of a bitch go back to Mexico. There’s just so many things they’re doing that I don’t agree with. ... Them junkies and hippies and food stamps [recipients] and all, they use the library to look at drugs and food stamps [on the Internet]. I see them do it.”

Real bright fella, isn't he?

http://www.latimes.com/books/jacketcopy/la-et-jc-library-users-should-go-back-to-mexico-says-official-who-wants-to-divert-library-funds-to-jails-20131114,0,7474904.story#axzz2khKrxmLx

Mudkip Orange

I thought teaching Mexicans to speak English was the official right-wing position. Assimilation, and all that. It's the lefties who push for separate instruction, Spanish-speaking classrooms, etc...

Need Priebus and Norquist to call this guy up, let him know he didn't get the memo.

Its Louisiana!  The arm pit of America.   :laughing1:  Like the incarcerated bro.  He should join the mayor's team in Toronto.

Edited by bill937ca