Bullet train passenger's comment about exploding bladder reported to police as bomb threat

another reason its not great to cell phone in public like this... im amazed what i hear these days in the grocery store by folks broadcasting very embarrassing or personal stuff loudly while chatting on their phones (as well as taking 3x longer to do their shopping and generally ignoring everyone around them trying to get by etc!)

http://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/bullet-train-passengers-comment-about-exploding-bladder-reported-to-police-as-bomb-threat

cheers

jeff

Lol. The things you mention are also very true over here. In trains the worst of all is, when you are in a "silence car" (the NS does have those) people still talk to either other people or through their phone! I really hate that kind of disregarding of rules, if you want to talk just don't sit in the damn silence car!

[rant] at times i want to buy a pocket cell phone jammer and turn it on in some places... amazing how we have the technology to communicate better than ever in history, but we waste it trying to talk on the phone while shopping (not doing either very well) rather than get the shopping done and smile at the other humans around you and then go home and spend some quality time either talking to them on the phone or writing them a note that is longer than a fb, twitter or text post and actually focusing on the person. want to seriously freak someone out in public. while they are on the phone while shopping just make eye contact (it can be hard to do!) and then smile politely at them like you would anyone walking past you in the store and you make eye contact. they will literally jump back! 

social media while allowing a lot of connections usually forces the "cool" communication into almost worthless bits. value of real communication has dwindled so much in the last decade. you see this in movies and tv as well. content has shrunk to nothing in most docs and been replaced by pho drama. good drama has been replaced by reality shows. and comedy has over stereo typed everyone.

I have a lot of friends in very high level positions overseeing a lot of folks. they have been lately lamenting that many cannot pick up at all on any body/voice cues (monkey language) or write any form subtly in communications as they have been brought up not having a lot of experience with that. its been replaced with the electronic forms so much that they get little exposure to the subtle monkey language now. But in the work place working with clients and such this is a must let alone with your coworkers and bosses. Big problem to mange folks like this as you then have to be horribly blunt to get the point across and thats not fun for anyone at that point. the comment back is usually why didnt you tell me this a long time ago, well its the little stuff that monkey language use to point out to the employee w/o having to verbally nit every little thing. Makes it very hard to mentor folks w/o that subtle layer of communication.[/rant]

ok feel better now...

jeff

Edited by cteno4