Dutch tram videos

Nick_Burman

Some gorgeous B/W footage of Dutch tramways from the 1920's to the 1950's. Steam, Diesel, Electric, Urban, Interurban, it's all here. Not only the usual suspects (RTM, NTM, NZH, Geldersche) but also footage from some rare lines, like Nederlandsche Buurtspoorwegen (NBS, Utrecht - Arnhem), Westlandsche (SW of Den Haag), Breskens - Maldegem (on the south side of the mouths of the Rhine; note "last trip" fan trip using a Belgian SNCV tram hauled behind steam! Excursion must have originated at Antwerp, then run under wire to meet the steam loco), Eerste Drentsche Stoomtramweg, even a bit of the idiosyncratic Goische line (Amsterdam - Hilversum + branches). The scenes of Leiden Haarlem in the 1920's made me heave a huge sigh - how atmospheric...

Cheers NB

Edited by Nick_Burman
  • Like 2

Very cool to see moving footage of the WSM! I have lived about 500 meters from the route of the former WSM line. I can't recognize any thing from the video though, it has changed way too much over the years. From Delft to Maassluis you can still follow the route of the tram line, because it has been made in a cycling route. There are also some visible proof where certain stations were in the past and the former station and bridge of Schipluiden are still standing and are a museum and cyclist bridge nowadays. If you're interested I can try to find some links and photos.

• Like 1