Gauge 1 (G scale) DD51

EF510

About 4 years ago I hired an Indian company that wanted to get into larger scale railways models to make me a DD51 in Gauge 1. For those who are not familiar with it Gauge 1 for Japanese models is 1/30th scale, on G scale (45 mm) track.

The project is basically completed, but I think the end result is so so. Please see the attached picture of the prototype. The model is brass construction, and fairly well detailed. The fans in the hoods operate. On the final version there are etched number boards that match the real boards accurately. Unfortunately the paint is pretty poorly done on the prototype and the finals and the final one sent to me this week does not function for some reason. There is probably some kind of wiring or PCB issue. I might rip out all of the electrical components and install batteries and an Aristocraft Revolution RC chipset.

I thought this would be of interest to the group.

Also I would like to sell the prototype. If anyone is interested I am looking for US$200 plus shipping. The prototype needs weight added, and also couplers. If anyone is interested in the final version I have a few extras as well including one in night train blue. Stripping them and repainting them may make it look a little better. Let me know if any interest.

Let me know what you think about this project.

post-1293-0-67884900-1378082454_thumb.jpg

Guest Closed Account 1

Very nice.

I bet thats a huge loco.

Battery operated G is popular because you don't have to worry about polarity issues like reverse loops.