how can I get parts to fix my train

n_scale_crazy

n_scale_crazy

Hello,

I have a Kato Joban train. when purchased used it was DCC and lighting kits.

the problem it would run sporaticly so I decided to try to solder the connections Big mistake!!!

I now need a new motor and a new chasis already purchased a new decoder.

I have checked hobby search and tried to find info on Kato usa.

but could not find any parts at all for Joban on Kato USA

and could not figure out the Japanese on hobby search.

so if any one knows some other place to find the parts or has any other help it would be greatly appreciated.

thanx in advance.

Crazy

If you have the instruction sheet you can get the part number for the chassis/motor then you might be able to get it from katojapan thru Katousa. Call Katousa and ask. Usually they want you to fax the instruction sheet with the part circled. If kato Japan has it in stock they can sometimes get it. It's list price and usually about $6 shipping.

Other options if you get the part number might be loco1hobbies or fmodels.jp.

Cheers

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
n_scale_crazy

Ok, I guess it's my fault for not stating my biggest problem with finding or reading pages with parts on them.

I can not read or understand Japanese, I use Internet Explorer exclusively, so I don't have google trans-whatever

and probably wouldn't know how to use it if I did. is there no place to see this information in English?

if not I maybe selling my Japanese stuff and just doing European trains and trams and trolleys.

n_scale_crazy
Motor unit part number for the Joban train is 4668-3B.

now is that just the motor it self or is that the chasis and motor unit together?

now is that just the motor it self or is that the chasis and motor unit together?

It's both the motor and the chassis. But looks like w/o driveshaft or trucks which probably fine from your old model.

You can see it there on the PDF that E6 posted on the left side halfway down. It's 2730 yen so around $27.

If you are in the us, Katousa may be the simplest first try, but will take a month or two. Loco1hobby might also be able to order it.

Cheers

Jeff

n_scale_crazy

Thank you all for your help.

now that I know what to order

I will soon be getting my train fixed.

again thanx to everyone's help.