Blame the cat... enary

Davo Dentetsu

Davo Dentetsu

OK, it's a catenary question from me.

From what I gather, I need the ground bases for the catenary I have.  However, from what I've seen so far, the packets contain both ground and viaduct mounts.  So how many packets would I need to satisfy the 32 pieces of single track and 16 pieces of double track catenary I have?  Or am I doing something very very wrong in my research?

EDIT:  Also, here's one for the "WTF eBay" thread as well... :P  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kato-N-Unitrack-Catenary-Pole-Base-Set-KAT23056-/330941480973?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item4d0da6400d

Edited by Azumanga Davo
OK, it's a catenary question from me.

From what I gather, I need the ground bases for the catenary I have.  However, from what I've seen so far, the packets contain both ground and viaduct mounts.  So how many packets would I need to satisfy the 32 pieces of single track and 16 pieces of double track catenary I have?  Or am I doing something very very wrong in my research?

EDIT:  Also, here's one for the "WTF eBay" thread as well... :P  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kato-N-Unitrack-Catenary-Pole-Base-Set-KAT23056-/330941480973?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item4d0da6400d

I've just opened a pack of Kato 23-056 and it contains 16 single viaduct bases and 16 single ground level bases.

Edited by Bri

You need the 16 bases from the 23-056 for the single pole catenary set with 16 poles, and 16 bases for the set with 8 double track catenary poles. At least that's what I've gathered from the information.

So I think you would need four packs...

Davo,

sorry dont get whats the WTF on that? the shipping charges to downunder? our overseas mailing rates are pretty horrible now. a little 8oz package first class is like $12. i went to send some plastic pipetts to martijn and it was going to be like 10x what they cost me to mail him a small bit! Also our customs declaration is a bitch now, especially if you are a business. really takes a lot of time to fill out and best to take it into the po as they go over every little bit now and it gets rejected for the smallest thing, so many sellers add their time in there to deal with that stuff.

retail is $5 in the us (some of these little things are more pricy when katousa retails them for some odd reason, its only 300yen in japan retail) and $3 shipping is good as thats probably close to the cheapest shipping nowdays on that size package? i agree $5 retail price is pretty high for a few tiny pieces of plastic that you wish they would have moulded with the poles for a few cents more!

jeff