Matsuya Ginza 35th Model Railroad Show 2013

Nice elaborate setups for a show.  I think that Tomy especially needs to realize that even if the customers don't have long curves the trains look better when they are not going around sharp curves.

Those layouts are already pretty old. I've seen parts of them ten years ago already. They only upgrade parts of them from time to time, hence the sharp corners. Also, they can only do so much with their standard tracks, as they also need to market their products in a realistic setup that you can make at home. It's a compromise.

Nice videos! 

Somehow or rather i preferred the Tomix one... I always had a little more favourable towards Tomix, probably because Tomytec is also Tomix and Tomytec has buses and cars and buildings and all... Of course Kato has a HUGE range of trains and structures of themselves too... 

Smart of Tomix to display their automated crossing... Nice. The new painted single carriage model is also on display.. Esp had a good laugh at the end of the video whereby they showcased their 3-car starter sets... The trains just go round and round and round... "Are we there yet?"   :P