Bus websites

Densha

Densha buddy, you sure know how to tickle my bone~~ Especially like the last one about Tomytec buses! The 2nd one with the buses are nice too~~ 

Man Japanese buses are nice!

Yeah you got me more into buses JR500, now I can't resist them either. I figured I'm getting a single Keihan bus to go with my Otsu Lines trains, and after searching and looking for a long time I finally found a Shikoku-based company of which buses have been made in the bus collection: Iyotetsu. I can't figure out which models have been made so far though.

Did you also see this page: http://www.geocities.jp/kawakei5382/buskurahuto.html

Full of papercraft bus and car models; may look okay if scaled down. More so for Z and T gauge than N of course.

Also some trains and trams: http://www.geocities.jp/kawakei5382/trainkurahuto.html

Japanese buses really have some better feeling in them, like their trains do. Dutch buses are boring.

Edited by Densha
Japanese buses really have some better feeling in them, like their trains do. Dutch buses are boring.

Really? My legs always hurt, since the interior is so small and the seats too low... It's not a good feeling, that's for sure :P

On the outside I mean, I've never been in one... or to Japan... :( Whee my English fails on me sometimes. ^_^

Buses and trams are very cramped in the Netherlands too, the point is that newer ones are even more cramped. :/ If I have to sit face to face with someone in a modern bus or tram my legs are usually between the other person's legs; yeah I know it sounds weird but it's the truth. That's why I usually pick out the separate seats if available but modern trams don't appear to have these anymore. :(

I'm sure Japanese buses could be even more cramped because the average Japanese is shorter than a European.

On the contary, the buses in my sillypore are quite comfortable... The Non-step buses with handicap facilities have recently been increased to cater more for handicap personal. It's the quality of the drivers we are more worried and displeased about. There have been increasing road accidents due to overspeeding buses. If you drive here, you gotta beware of buses. They just go anywhere like they own the road and you HAVE to let them go regardless of whether or not you have the right of way... 

Speaking of which, there is a game i recently got hooked on: 

The Tokyo Bus Guide 2 for the PS2! It's really really interesting! Although there are only 2 buses to choose from... And i'm proud to announce i have both of the buses in N scale ~~ It's a great game to teach you to drive carefully, indicate where you going, look before you turn, accelerate and brake smoothly, reach the bus stops on time etc. Really nice! 

@ Toni : Yap i made a check and they certainly are Out-of-Stock. The only sets i can find are: http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=%E7%A5%9E%E5%A5%88%E5%B7%9D%E4%B8%AD%E5%A4%AE%E4%BA%A4%E9%80%9A&auccat=2084259591&aq=-1&oq=&ei=UTF-8&tab_ex=commerce&slider=0

The ones with two similar buses, not the one with the high speed bus type...  Can i guess you're staying in the Kanagawa region? 

@ Densha: Thanks for the link, but i dont have the skills to slowly and carefully cut out and bend those buses to shape... I have constructed paper buildings yes, but buildings are far larger and hence easier to fold. Smaller items like the buses and even the cars would require really precise folding of the paper so that the line matches, and really good gluing technic to keep the shape intact. That will be tough... 

@ Toni : Yap i made a check and they certainly are Out-of-Stock. The only sets i can find are: http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=%E7%A5%9E%E5%A5%88%E5%B7%9D%E4%B8%AD%E5%A4%AE%E4%BA%A4%E9%80%9A&auccat=2084259591&aq=-1&oq=&ei=UTF-8&tab_ex=commerce&slider=0

The ones with two similar buses, not the one with the high speed bus type...  Can i guess you're staying in the Kanagawa region?

Yes, my location is under my avatar. I don't really care too much for the highway buses from Kanachū, but more for the local buses. The Keikyū and Keisei buses to the airports have a much nicer livery as well. I should check for Odakyū buses as well... They'd fit well with my idea of a fictional railway company.