Z scale producers

Matteo_IT

Hello,

I've purchased a 485 series 6 coaches train set for less than 40 USD...

The producer is ZJ gauge... in the box there is a web site (www.realzj.com) but link doesn't work.

Does somebody know where I can find a product list?

Another producer is Crown Model PRMLOCO, found in ebay, but searching in the web I can't find any web site or products list...

Can somebody help me?

Many thanks!

ZJ gauge was the company name (also called Real ZJ) not a new scale. the J is i think for japanese. its all z scale.

The Real ZJ stuff has been out of production for a while. i think there was talk of Crown buying the line out. but dont know if that happened. z started a pretty rapid expansion in japan a few years back but has contracted to a few companies now. hard when there is such a dominance of N scale in japan.

jeff

Z is nice though to get a lot into a small space! but its probably never going to be quite the same price point and market penetration as n scale as things are just over that edge i think in size to easily produce and also for many to manipulate. N seems to be right at that point of being as small as possible before things get tricky. sort of the happy medium to me.

Japanese Z seems to be on a much more steady path now with crown and rokuhan continuing to roll stuff out at a decent pace. nice there is a market growing there.

I do love the fact you can do great cardstock modeling at Z scale, comes off much better than at n. also love what folks can cram into a pretty small area in Z, even thought its only about 68% of n scale. also has a real miniature feel to it which is different -- n scale is small but z feels really miniature. its always interesting to me how scale does not linearly scale in the mind's eye. it was always weird to hit these jumps when doing architectural and exhibit models. those would range from 1/2 down to 1/500 depending on the aspect being looked at.

jeff

Those 485's run pretty good, I have a couple of them.

A good edition to Japanese Z gauge in recent times was the 0 Series Shinkansen made by Platz / F-Toys confect.

Although now it's very difficult to find the motors to fit inside them

http://www.f-toys.net/index.php?m=fproduct&t=detaile&product_id=104

Previous posting I made about the Doctor Yellow

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/6386-z-scale-f-toys-shinkansen-doctor-yellow/

I have received just few weeks ago the Shinkansen serie 0...

I purchased as static model and when I received I was wondering about the possibility to motorize it... unfortunely the motorizing chassis are no longer available :angry:

Yes those motors are very hard to find now. I hope in the future they will release another bullet train, a 500 would look great in Z :love10:

Nick_Burman

I'm not into Z scale, but don't forget about Tenshodo...they also have released some stuff.

Cheers NB