Bachmann 2013 news

Nick_Burman

Nick_Burman

http://www.bachmanntrains.net/Catalogs/2013/NMRA_2013.pdf

New Bachmann releases, with something that might interest the Japanese HO modellers...a nice H.K.Porter 0-6-0T loco, complete with sloped tank (I love locos with this kind of set up...the postwar Andrew Barclay locos delivered both to industry in the UK and abroad being, for me, the best examples). The Japanese had a special predilection for H.K. Porter locos, several shortlines, logging pikes (Kiso and Yanagase spring to mind) and industrial users had Porter machines and they were well liked by those who used it, presumably for their alleged indestructibility. One H.K. Porter 0-6-0T is preserved at the Kaya SL Park, although not of the same design as the model. And the Otaru museum has an lovely ex-United Fruit Co. 2-6-0. Even the JNR had a few, although not tank locos (that I know thereof) - Yoshitsune, Benkei and the other Poronai Railway locos. I can see one of these Bachmann machines painted jet black shifting WaMus around some industry, or even better, dressed up with a nice pair of brass number plates on the cab side and a polished mon centered on the tank, waddling slowly amongst the rice fields with a long string of freight cars behind and a couple of coaches (maybe even a railcar being taken dead-in-tow) tucked at the end, in best Kantetsu Ryugasaki style...even BB might find an use for one, shifting SeKis under a coal bunker at some obscure Hokkaido mine. :)

Not of Japanese interest but also a "killer" is the On30 Whitcomb. Just to make matters worse they decided to release it in Salzberg cream and orange... Christmas will be tough this year... :grin :grin :grin :grin

Cheers NB

a little work with styrene and you can make new saddle tanks.  I can see a lot of use for these.  Porters were common as industrial engines all over the place.

Nick_Burman
a little work with styrene and you can make new saddle tanks.  I can see a lot of use for these.  Porters were common as industrial engines all over the place.

Why make new saddle tanks? ???  What's wrong about her present ones?

Cheers NB