Kato ED75 (3029) - Window Visor Bit Thing

Davo Dentetsu

Davo Dentetsu

Bought one today and the first bit is now already missing.  The cab window visor has fell off at some point.  Is this a relatively common problem with this type and can the bits be secured easily?  Looked at this one's parts sheet, which only seems to list a full body as a part...

Fenway Park

From my experience years ago these icicle cutter/visors are very loose. Not sure if you can get spares from Kato..

CaptOblivious

Had this happen to my Kato EF65-1000. Damned things just seem to be a bit loose! Only recourse was to have Kato repair it. I was very lucky to have been able to have these repairs done last time I was in Japan…you will probably want to contact Kato's US office to see if you can arrange a repair at the Japanese facilities through them?

Davo Dentetsu

Hmmm I dunno.  It could even be a bit of brave scratchbuilding to make a new one?  Seems like a simple enough piece to hack away at with a knife or two.  I'll give this a shot first and see how I go.  MEK's out for the remaining ones however!

Davo Dentetsu

I have good news.  My mate Kev, who is admittedly a far more patient man than I ever will be, made a handy dandy bit out of some plastic.  Minty.1044467_10151718158174842_796281038_n_zp

1173802_10151718158334842_276728081_n_zp

• Like 1