Show about Shinjuku station this evening on Channel5 UK

grumbeast

At first I thought maybe it was the American channel 5 I linked to rather than the British channel 5 but ice truckers isn't supposed to air today at all: http://www.channel5.com/schedule

I tuned in just after eight, was there some announcement that confirmed the program change? Oh wait, I just saw the comments on Graham's link that confirm it.

Edited by Densha
Darklighter

Yes, there was an announcement, but no explanation. There was a report in the news about a train crash at a station in Paris - maybe that's the reason.

Claude_Dreyfus

Indeed, the accident in France looks to be the excuse. Very dissappointing reaction from C5. If it was a documentary about a rail.disaster, then yes, perhaps appropriate to pull it, but merely because it is about railways seem an all too typical lack of common sense from the controllers...

Ah well, no matter. I'm watching the first night of the Proms on the BBC instead!

Unfortunately the video on demand only works for people in the UK (I guess). Is it 11:10 AM? In that case it's no prob to watch it at that time.

Unfortunately the video on demand only works for people in the UK (I guess). Is it 11:10 AM? In that case it's no prob to watch it at that time.

I guess so. This is exactly as listed.

Didn't know it wasn't shown, as I couldn't see it at the time and watched in on 5OD later that evening.  So those of you in the UK can  see it now on catchup even if it wasn't broadcast.  It was quite interesting, well worth a watch, lots of train action but I had no idea how busy this station is (even if you strip out the typical sensationalist broadcasting approach)

Graham

Ah crap I missed it, totally forgot about it... ^^ Good to hear it will be repeated. You mean Friday 9th right?

I mixed up the times and now tuned in an hour late meaning exactly after it ended. :( Fail.

Edited by Densha