Sugoi! Iga Tetsudo ninja ressha zenmen tenbou!

Nick_Burman

Nick_Burman

Another posting from the master purveyor of zenmen tenbou, seishun18kinkippu - this time aboard an ex-Kintetsu MU set on the Iga Railway, now running in ninja dress.

Cheers NB

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the video does not end at the north end of the line at Igaueno Station. :( But it's definitely a way more relaxed pace of commuter railroading than what you normally see on Kintetsu lines....

Nick_Burman
Unfortunately, the video does not end at the north end of the line at Igaueno Station. :( But it's definitely a way more relaxed pace of commuter railroading than what you normally see on Kintetsu lines....

Thanks, I posted the message without seeing the film, will do it over the weekend. However I do remember from the LRTA book that the Iga line was worked in two parts, one north of Iga to Iga Ueno and the other south to Iga Kanbe, possibly because of the difference between train schedules on the Kansai line (Iga Ueno) and on the Kintetsu Main Line (Iga Kanbe). Since the Iga Railway is just Kintetsu in disguise (they had to spin off the line into a third-sector company so as to get assistance from local governments, but Kintetsu still retains part-ownership of the company) I guess that they just continued with the previous practice.

Cheers NB

Nick_Burman

Just watched the film. A nice trip through pleasant countryside. The approach to Iga is very interesting with the train slowly twisting and turning down an alleyway, passing between people's houses. It must be also very unremarked amongst railfandom, what with Enoshima drawing all the attention... the other interesting detail is technical, trains are allowed to proceed on an yellow signal rather than a green - is this Kintetsu practice? I've never seen it applied anywhere else.

Cheers NB