115 Series EMU from Okayama to Himeji

Sacto1985

YouTube member seishun18kinkippu--known for posting long zenmen tenbou videos, recently posted a video of a ride on a JR West 115 Series EMU from Okayama east to Himeji:

Note the very rural nature of the San'yō Main Line for most of this route--and the pretty loud traction motors on the train. It should be noted that JR West has finally announced the 115's will be retired soon, and (maybe) within a few years from now the route will be run with (probably) 225 Series EMU's with their much quieter motors.

• Like 4
 I really enjoy the long run between stations.

This is my primary memory of the Sanyo Line.  Mitsuishi to Kamigoori, 11 minutes.

This is my primary memory of the Sanyo Line.  Mitsuishi to Kamigoori, 11 minutes.

That's because between Mitsuishi and Kamkgori Stations is Funasaka Pass, which is part of the border between Hyogo and Okayama Prefecgtures. I believe a small number of JR West's Urban Network trains go as far west as Kamigori, though most Urban Network trains go west from Aioi Station onto the Akō Line to end at Banshū-Akō Station.

Edited by Sacto1985

I spent a couple of hours train watching at Mitsuishi in 2006. The station master still operated the local signal panel for the one train which terminated there.

bikkuri bahn
(maybe) within a few years from now the route will be run with (probably) 225 Series EMU's with their much quieter motors.

And lose alot of the character and enjoyment you get from riding an EMU.

There are trains during morning and evening commuting hours that go from Okayama all the way to Himeji. They're all locals.

At other times of the day, it may actually be better to take the Ako line between Okayama and Banshu Ako, despite its roundabout route.