Chance to have a Wedding on a Yamanote Train

Guest keio6000

While that's a bit lame, it's not that much lamer than a lot of weddings, especially japanese weddnigs, so, well, more power to whoever takes them up on it. 

I do have a question though: how many retro-green livery E231s are there in yamanote service?  I took the yamanote line 3 times in a day on my last trip to tokyo and got the (a?) retro green train 3 times.    i think it was just a coincidence, but was curious..

incidentally, the lamest and most depressing train in the world that i have seen is the eastern orient express or whatever the one that goes from singapore to bkk or whever it goes.   for all the brochures about romance and exclusivity, when the thing passed our train (a few years ago) somewhere halfway down the left side of thailand, it was full of well dressed 30 and 40 something asian business types who had either themselves overpaid for a ride or were given a ride as a business perk unable to hide their forelorn isolation as they worked their way through an overpriced lagavulin or whatever.  quite in contrast to our regular thai train which was full of life and fun.

casseiopeia's end car would be a great train to start your honeymoon on if you were from hokkaido and got married there and then took the train to tokyo to catch a plane out for your honeymoon.

Davo Dentetsu
casseiopeia's end car would be a great train to start your honeymoon on if you were from hokkaido and got married there and then took the train to tokyo to catch a plane out for your honeymoon.

Impossible to disagree there.

Claude_Dreyfus

Oh dear...I have just done the deed myself; but not on the Yamanote, or any other line. Stuck to terra firma and did it in Central Park, NYC.

Only one retro-green train. Takes about one hour to complete a circuit. You were very lucky. I've ridden it only once.

Here in Japan, a wedding like that would still be impressive to a wide range of people, including many children and women. 

Best wishes,

Grant

My brother got married at the local steam railway. The groom arrived on the train and the ceremony was held on the station with two steam locos simmering in the background, afterwards the happy couple left on their own one car train with the guests following in the other.

Thanks Jeff. I'm now in the mill of being processed for a Spouse Visa in Japan. I hope all goes well and I'll be able to find work and support my family soon after that! :)

Martijn Meerts

Damn Toni, you're in overdrive.. Just married, becoming a father soon.. You must feel at home in Japan ;)

Damn Toni, you're in overdrive.. Just married, becoming a father soon.. You must feel at home in Japan ;)

You kiddin' me! With all these trains here and a few friends to talk and drink trains with, this is pretty close to paradise. Oh yes, let's not forget my wonderful wife, the food, culture and energy here... :P We're not planning on staying here forever though. My wife is very internationally oriented as well, but who knows what the future will bring for us. First and foremost, it's a lot of fun and we feel very comfortable with our situation (despite me being jobless atm).

Martijn Meerts
You kiddin' me! With all these trains here and a few friends to talk and drink trains with, this is pretty close to paradise. Oh yes, let's not forget my wonderful wife, the food, culture and energy here... :P We're not planning on staying here forever though. My wife is very internationally oriented as well, but who knows what the future will bring for us. First and foremost, it's a lot of fun and we feel very comfortable with our situation (despite me being jobless atm).

Well, as long as the bills are getting paid, and you being jobless doesn't put any stress on the relationship it's all good right? Obviously, a job is preferable, but it's not like you HAVE to get a job within say a few weeks in order to be able to stay there.

I definitely have to come visit some time, trying (once again) to go to Kyoto around October this year, hopefully it'll work out this time :)

• Like 1

besides a huge job will be coming along here, the pink, fleshy, drooling kind! but lots of fun as well! sleep, whats sleep?

visa will help lots. All the best, lots of big things happening for you! Enjoy!

jeff

• Like 1

You can sleep when you're dead and all. :P

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you in Japanland Martijn! There are so many interesting spots in the Tokyo and Kanagawa region to go... :3

Martijn Meerts
You can sleep when you're dead and all. :P

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you in Japanland Martijn! There are so many interesting spots in the Tokyo and Kanagawa region to go... :3

Well, I'd be in Kyoto for most of the time, but I do plan on taking a trip to Tokyo. Not sure if I'll make it a day trip, or grab a hotel for 1 or 2 nights in Tokyo though.. I'll get to that once I know whether or not the trip is on in the first place. Considering there's the Jidai Matsuri in Kyoto in October (1 of the reasons I want to go in October ;)) there might not be any affordable hotels available at the time.

Hopefully I can get some time off from work soon-ish, at which point I'll go and check with a travel agency to see what they have to offer.