Inokashira Line visual guide?

Guest keio6000

Guest keio6000

Does anybody know of an enthusiast website that has documented all of the Inokashira line trains of the modern era (that is, since they started with the multi-coloured cab ends?)

There can't have been that many trains in the history of what in my mind is a nifty little line.   it would be nice to see a visual record of each head-car anyway (if not every train - were the trains ever reformed other than some shortening when they were sold on?) especially as the naming system is a bit of a mess with the 1000 and 3000 and the 'renewals'. Doubly true now that some (all?) of the newer cars have gotten facelifts for the larger destination signs.   I'd also be interested in knowing which trains exactly moved on to the Alpico line and elsewhere.  I am specifically interested in knowing if there was ever any renewed 3000 train in bright orange colour *while operating in Keio service* (I think no, but just double checking). 

Incidentally, isn't it well past due for MicroAce to come out with an Alpico (Matumoto Dentesu) train?   Even though it must qualify as one of the bigger 'ripoff' trains in Japan (Matsumoto to Shinshimashima is like what.. 680 yen?), it's still much beloved as it takes people towards that wonderland of Kamikochi and so a lot of enthusiasts must have  a warm feeling about it.. I'd certainly buy one.

Edited by keio6000

Most stuff now is blogs or photo pages, but every once in a while I stumble across a web site. Many Jpaanese web sites have short lifes.

Orange beige    http://hassyaorai.blogspot.ca/2011/11/3000_23.html

For history, one option is Japanese Wikipedia, although machine translators make this murky. 

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/京王3000系電車

The Commuter Train Picture Book is a large, general Tokyo train web site.  It has stuff on Keio, but not what you are looking for.

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~eg6f-tkhs/tetu/index.html#sitetu1

Edited by bill937ca
Guest keio6000

Umm, that 'orange-beige' is a 'fake' image by some enthusiast with too much time on his hands, is it not?  So, the question remains, though I think the answer is "no, never an orange 3000 renewal."

I did just pre-order the violet one from MA a bit reluctantly as I already have the pink Yuzawaya version. 

EDIT i cancelld my pre-order of the violet one and got the ivory one.  so now my inokashira collection is:

- Yuzawaya 3000 Renewed Pink

- Microace 1000 Salmon Pink, Blue Green, VIolet, and Light Green

- well built greenmax original 3000

- Soon microace 3000 renewed ivory

probably I should get a microace 3000 as well such as MA6557 (beige) which is still avaiable.  I sure wish there was some magical way of changing at least one of my existing MA trains to teh new head style - maybe they will come out with a body shell---knowing MA though this is highly unlikely.

Edited by keio6000
bikkuri bahn

One of my pet peeves is when doing web search for a particular livery for a specific type of rolling stock, you get these "fake versions" or "usoden".  Also, could people quit uploading to youtube excessive numbers of train simulator videos?? A little is OK, but when the majority of search results turn up these, it annoys to no end*

*do a search for "Class 395 Javelin" and you'll see what I mean...

Edited by bikkuri bahn