ok we need some of these laser cut!

lol yeah i see them about here often.

pretty small laser cut if you ask me.

there only bout 100cm tall so in N thats pretty tricky.

1m that's 6mm perfect for a laser cut! Could make them a bit larger. Actually would be better with 3d printing and you could over scale it a little.

Going n the list to 3d print now. Actually pretty easy to render.

We need some of this in the states to make folks lighten up on the road! Think of the vandalism though!

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

Hello Mr Jeff,

Do you remember the ticket clickers at railway stations and the tool they used to punch a hole in the ticket?  I have seen similar tools with novelty shapes.  Perhaps having a die made with the appropriate shape would allow you to use such a tool to make as many of those barricades as you wish, stamped out of 1mm plastic or the like.

• Like 1

E6,

Ha you got me for sure. When i saw this picture this was one of about 5 lines i went down to see if there was anything close ready made like this! no, unfortunately no small bunnies of this flattened dorsal ventrally bunny, only lateral small punches and those were large also a lot of playboy bunny stuff! also tried to find 3d nail stickers, nail moulds, and even cake sprinkles, but nothing this shaped and size... I love the hunt to see if there is something out there that can do the trick like this. But alas, no luck. But luckily simple cad for my level of skills and on the pile of odd bits i want to do a run of. if the work ill let folks know. BTW n scale pigeons actually work!

A recent hunt just like this was fish. ive been piddling on my tomytec fish wholesale warehouse. been making some various sized plastic tubs from small to big ones for shipping out of styrene stock. i wanted to have some open with fish in them. making fish from poly clay is not bad, but for really smaller ones it was tough. at scale 2-4mm long its hard to do a lot so i looked around and saw a corner punch on sale for $5 at the craft store that did some little oval and crescent shapes 2-5mm long) just right for decent sized fish in a tub. large tuna turned out easy as i found 3D 5-8mm fish cake sprinkles that are just the perfect tubby tuna shape. tails are a bit exaggerated, but actually at scale they look good as a regular tuna tail size would not be visible. somethings you have to play to the minds eye on what it expects to see at scale rather than be perfect!  BTW if anyone wants some of these tuna yell for $2 something i got enough tuna to feed a city for a year!

cheers

jeff

Edited by cteno4

Thanks E6, those are wonderful punches, I would love to have a bunch of them! 482 is a nice fish unfortunately they are $70 each! bit too rich for this little project. many shapes in there would be great for doing all sorts of little details, but since they are specialty items they are expensive. for little projects like this i limit myself to what i can get cheap at the craft store or on ebay like the fish cake sprinkles and edge punch! unfortunately all the craft punch things tend to be larger shapes and not really useful at n scale, but a few like the edge punch i have contain some interesting shapes within the larger pattern it punches. so when ever i see the edge and corner punches with patterns on sale i look at all the little shapes in the pattern to see if there is something in there that will be made with the resulting paper confetti!

printing of this i think will be easy and could even open the hole in the center up and slightly curve the edges. when ganged up with other items tiny things like this are really cheap to print, basically the base to hold the object costs more than the objects!

im always roaming the craft store and home despot isles or scouring ebay looking for interesting little cheap bits that would work in modeling. you can find a lot of things in charms to work with. 

i successfully made some n scale road cones from the very tips of micro pipet tips, but they were very very tedious to get correct and glue onto a tiny paper base. printed them in a 3D printer and had a gross done beautifully! so for some things ill cheat! other times its more fun to get hands on

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/3697-wildlife/?p=41918

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/3499-colour-help-furniture/?p=39409

jeff

Edited by cteno4