Toni's Japan things update.

Kabutoni

Hello all,

A little update from my side. It's been a bit quiet from my side lately on the railway-side, but that's because I'm very busy with drawing and designing lately.

So, have a Hokusō 7500 and a Keisei AE Skyliner I caught last Monday as an excuse.

post-188-0-27713400-1370488412_thumb.jpg

Also, some news announcement for y'all to know. I'm going to be a father, so I'll need to think about investing in PlaRail... No, for real. On a more serious note, it's all a bit of a sudden, but I'm really happy about this and looking forward to the future! This also means I'm going to get married soon and find some sort of stable income.

I'm planning to work on a children's book and get it published, but it's still in a very early development stage. It's going to be sci-fi for kids with lots of details and funny little jokes in the illustrations. Just something for the kids to dream away with. Maybe there's a future with this kind of thing for me, since I really like the idea.

Anyway, that's it from my side. Just to keep you guys updated and to show that I'm still alive!

Cheers!

Edited by Toni Babelony
  • Like 5

Hi Toni! Nice to hear from you! Glad you are doing fine!

Congrats mate! Luckily Plarail is much cheaper than N scale... Also, you can 'upgrade' to Plarail advance once your child starts growing out of Plarail ~ And don't forget Tomica!

Thanks for the picture! Seeing the Keisei Skyliner always reminds me of the fun times i had in Japan and also how stupid i was to have NOT bought any N scale while i was there.... Could have save a fortune on shipping alone...

Take care bro! And do keep us updated on your book!

Martijn Meerts

Congrats Toni, and goodbye to your spare time for the foreseeable future ;)

Hey toni Contrats! you'll be sleep deprived for years, but on the bright side you can buy toys and have lots of fun with them!

Book sounds great. wonderful to get things creative with the art, less and less of that around these days. nice and simple and fun, our culture thinks kids dont like that, but if you do it right the simple stuff is the stuff they have the most fun with and can be the most imaginative with, all in how much so speak to the kid on an intuitive level first, they really get that. Good luck with the project. will it be trains in space?!

jeff

Thanks all! The due date is November the 30th.

The picture book will of course have its fair share of trains! Maybe even a train world or something like that :D