Small layout for shows

luis_lopes

luis_lopes

Hi all.

I would like to introduce to you a layout that I am building to be presented on a Portuguese show on the 15th and 16th June 2013.

This is a small layout that I am building in two months.

I hope you like.

03.jpg

DSC_8471.JPG

022.JPG

029.jpg

032.jpg

045.JPG

051.JPG

053.JPG

054.JPG

055.JPG

Please feel free to place any doubts.

Cheers.

• Like 12

Luis,

hey really nice! great mini layout and nice scenery. cant wait to see the ponds finished.

what process did you use for your foliage clumps on the hill?

keep us posted!

jeff

luis_lopes

Hi all.

Thanks for the kind words.

The foliage is made using Woodland scenics clump foliage cut into small bits.

Still have a lot to do. Need to finish painting the houses, make some trees, put the LPP (little plastic people), cars and so on...

I have less than two weeks for the show.

Wow! That's looking great! Definitely makes me pumped up to start building on a layout, I didn't really have motivation for it lately.

the foliage came out nice! i need to take another look at the ws clump foliage!

also love to see more picts of your greenmax painting always interesting to see how folks skin that cat!

thanks

jeff

That's no doubts about it! It looks great! Loving the small shop houses from GreenMax and definately the beautifully done foliage! The Hakone train (forgot it's actual name) is also a nice train to use at these layouts!

This looks really good, and the little riverside bit along the back is great, much better than simply hiding the track inside a tunnel the whole way.

Martijn Meerts

Shows that even a small, simple layout can look good with some quality scenery. The strategically placed hill/mountain also makes it look much bigger than it actually is ;)

Hmmm... I'm wondering now what the size of the layout and the radius of the curved tracks is...

Looks great. When you get down to eye level and look at one scene at a time you don't know how small the layout is.

I'll have to take another look at that Woodland Scenics clump foliage too, the club has a version of Model Railroader's Clinchfield layout that will need lots of hillside sceniced like that.

Hi all.

I have decided not to share more progress photos until next week. I want to keep this a surprise for everyone that goes to the show. (i know that some portuguese modellers usually come here, so...).

Cheers.

Hi all. layout finished (at least 99% of it)

The show was this weekend. I have some photos, but they are not mine. I'll post more as soon as possible.

The layout on it's place.

Me building a scenic module during the show.

View from one part of the room where the show happened.

Another view.

Cheers.

Luis,

Congrats! came out great! Looks like you were a hit! Feel like a rock star with all those people? flashes going off all the time! 

will be great to see more picts and hear your experience! great you got japanese modeling out there to the public!

jeff

Claude_Dreyfus

That looks a very popular show, and your layout certainly looks the part. Are there many shows in Portugal, and are there many Japanese layouts on the circuit?

Hi all.

Yes, the show was in Lisboa. It was the first time that a national show for model railways has happened here. Normally there have been some meetings but I think not as large as this.

There are just two japanese layouts. Mine, and one from a friend, that sadly he wasn't able to participate for health issues.

I'll try to convince him to show his layout here. It is very nice. He is a better modeller than me, thats for sure...

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hi all.

Just one or two photos more from the show.

These first three are from a layout that shows Luzianes (a small village in the south of Portugal) was back in the 70's.

1008911_10200901559934906_1605090529_o.j

1014586_10200901558174862_446767675_o.jp

1015679_10200901558774877_1797420774_o.j

These next two are from my layout.

1015724_10200901555134786_296918974_o.jp

1015649_10200901555094785_678069854_o.jp

Best regards.

• Like 2