Plarail advance

Penybontshed

Penybontshed

Hi all. Is there anyone else here who has got into this form of modelling? i know hardly protypical but it seems to have many advantages and is fun to! it would be good to hear of your experiences

I looked into it as a way of growing a massive collection of trains for a significantly lower price than full model railroading but I got hung up on the possible shipping charges....

Peny,

ive been tempted, they do look fun! do you have any sources for them other than hobbysearch?

jeff

Penybontshed

Seems to be plenty on Ebay. I got an Shinkansen o series advance set for approx £20 delivered!

I'm now looking at the raised track set to run it on.

Peny, well thanks a lot!! You made me go look into Plarail Advance, and wow what fun!! :) Ebay seems to have a lot of sets from either Hong Kong or Japan. The videos on You Tube have great explanations of the devlopment of the Advance series. The best part too me anyway-- NO TRACK TO CLEAN!! Yeah :icon_bounce: !!! The sets look great, and to run 2 Shinkansen's together is what I would like to do, but don't have real estate(or deep pockets right now) for a decent N gauge one.

Was not able to find raised track yet, but have just begun some research. Gonna get a set headed this way soon. Like the E5 with double passing siding, but N700 looks great too.

Thanks again....

greg

did they ever do an r/c version of the plarail advance? or was that only of full plarail size?

jeff

Thanks bill for the link, I have Google Translate all Japanese sites. While not fluid translation, I get the point!! It helps a lot.

Anyone have dimmensions of the oval that comes with the N700 set. Seem to find box size, but would like to know length and width of the oval. Metric fine.

Thanks,

greg

I'm trying hard not to plunk the money done on the starter set. I remember seeing displays of the original plarail when I lived in Japan but the lack of detail and blue track made it very apparent that it was just a kids toy... The advance series might change that for me. That and, I'm not better at justifying train related expenses as part of building my collection... Toys included,

I was doing some research on Usui Pass and I found a YouTube video of banking operations on stacked PlaRail track. It was pretty neat if I do say so!

I've got an N700 starter set and a 100 series ordered. For the cat to play with, at least that's what I'm telling people. :)