Kurobe Gorge

Jcarlton

bikkuri bahn

According to one itinerary spat out by Jorudan, it takes 8 hours 40 minutes (5 hours 32 min.actually moving) from Tokyo based on a 7a.m. departure to get to the Kurobe Dam site. That includes 9 changes of transport. Cost 20,310 yen. You are looking at a one night stay somewhere. Why not combine it with a railfan tour of Toyama area trains?

According to one itinerary spat out by Jorudan, it takes 8 hours 40 minutes (5 hours 32 min.actually moving) from Tokyo based on a 7a.m. departure to get to the Kurobe Dam site. That includes 9 changes of transport. Cost 20,310 yen. You are looking at a one night stay somewhere. Why not combine it with a railfan tour of Toyama area trains?

What is jorudan and does it have an english link.  It sounds like something that's really useful.

What is jorudan and does it have an english link.  It sounds like something that's really useful.

I just answered my question.  It does and it looks very uselful.

I did it during a tour in 1994, we stayed in Uozu at an hotel next to the JR station where our window was directly above the platforms and the Chitetsu was just a short walk across a foot bridge.