Kato Dio town buildings, decals or painted graphics?

Spaceman Spiff

Spiff

I just looked at my copy of the building. The sign looks like a thin sticker, but the ones on the building itself are either a very thin film sticker or decal. They are smartly done up and look nice on close inspection.

Are thinking of trying to remove them?

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
Spaceman Spiff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the info.

I'm thinking of buying some and would prefer not having Japanese writing on them.

Jon

Jon,

i think you could easily remove them. if they are decals then a little decal remover should solubize the decal off the plastic. stickers might be a little tougher to clean up. they most all are on unpainted plastic so careful use of orange oil gum remover should get off any extra stickum.

jeff

Jon,

I don`T have many kato buildings instock right now but all the ones i do come with stickers.

Message me what items you are looking at and i will check into it for you if stickers or not or write here and i can reply so other users know if stickers or printed.

thanks.

Hi Spiff:

The Kato buildings you mentioned are basically bare buildings that require decals to be stuck onto them to look like in the picture. There is a choice for decals too to see whcih one you like to paste them on, or not to paste them at all. I do think they are decals, as they are required to be stuck onto window panes (transparent), hence would be easily removable.  

hugh, this must have changed. when i got mine when they first came out, all four of these buildings came with all the stickers attached. they all appear to be stickers. some on the buildings and windows are clear. they might be decals for the clear ones (i didnt pick at them). the ones on the exterior signs are stickers.

jeff

Spaceman Spiff

G'day

I received the kato 23-433A, 23-434A and 23439 building from Model Train Stuff. The 433A & 434A had no decals palled to them. The 23439 just had a couple of decals that look like they will come off easily as JR500 mentioned. I have another one coming from loco hobby. I don't know Kato has a domestic version and export version or not.

Spiff