Bus fans in Japan

bikkuri bahn

bikkuri bahn

If you thought railfans were passionate in Japan, they may be equalled or exceeded by bus fans. Case in point-  I was at my local bookstore this evening, and spotted a new book by Ikaros Publishing (they publish alot of airline and railway softcover books) covering the era of JNR buses.  As I was interested, I checked out the Amazon page for reviews.

Hmm, 7 bad reviews.  Checking the internets, 2ch seems full of discussion of how bad this book is:

http://engawa.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/bus/1215256291/l50

*criticism seems to be sloppy editing, poor captions akin to a 737 being described as an A320, errors on every page, etc.

Now Ikaros, after the overwhelming bad word of mouth, has halted printing of this book and is offering refunds for those who purchased the book:

http://www.ikaros.jp/news/owabi.php

Edited by bikkuri bahn
  • Like 3
Davo Dentetsu

I think a few companies in general would do wonders if they would listen to their customer base more often!  (hmmm, EA :D )

• Like 1
Mudkip Orange
I think a few companies in general would do wonders if they would listen to their customer base more often!  (hmmm, EA :D )

SimCity is an MMO!

bikkuri bahn
I don't see an author's name, someone or some people must be responsible for this :)

Probably better that way for them, they wouldn't want to show their faces in any fan gathering now.  I really have no idea of bus fandom, but judging by reviews of other books, they are very particular.  I have a feeling some publishers think they can get away with substandard product as the general population and railfans have little knowledge of the differences between buses other than (perhaps) there are front-engined (bonnet bus) and rear engined configs (Hino Blue Ribbon, et al.).