Tokyu Shibuya Hikarie wrap

New wrap in commemoration of the first anniversary of the opening of the "Hikarie Shibuya" tower and the extension of the Tokyu Tokyoko line.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 3
bikkuri bahn
Nice! Too bad not all trains are in this livery, as it breaks the boring pink and red from the Tōyoko line.

Well, there are the run through trains from three different railway companies.

@bikkuri bahn: true. Enough lovely variation on the Tōyoko line as of recently. Too bad the Tōkyū 9000 Series didn't live to see it all happen, though it had the luck to meet up with the Tōkyō Metro 7000 Series.

20120724205657088.jpg

Arriving at the Tokyu-JR interchange.

Now you have me wondering what that motor cars that are pulling and pushing the train are.

@Toni

Is that livery on the bottom right real? It looks really awful...

Is that livery on the bottom right real? It looks really awful...

That is the Yokohama Minatomirai Railway Series Y500.  Its a third sector line owned by Tokyu Corporation, the city of Yokohama and Kanagawa perfecture.  Operations are contracted out to the Tokyu Corporation.

Japanese Wikipedia on the series Y500.

Edited by bill937ca

Nice! Too bad not all trains are in this livery, as it breaks the boring pink and red from the Tōyoko line.

Well, there are the run through trains from three different railway companies.

I was wondering about that, I was able to spend a bit of time between Naka-Meguro and Shibuya the other week, and it looked like the Toyoko/Fukutoshin lines were dominated by Tokyu stock, with a fair amount of Tokyo Metro trains but I only saw the one Seibu train (crossing the bridge over Yamate-Dori, which was kind of weird). Even the through-trains bound for the Seibu/Tobu lines were Tokyu or Tokyo Metro. It might just have been bad timing though. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Tokyo Metro trains running beneath the heart of Yokohama.

By the way, there is a plan to connect the Sotetsu Line to the Toyoko line at Hiyoshi, which should spice things up a bit.

By the way, there is a plan to connect the Sotetsu Line to the Toyoko line at Hiyoshi, which should spice things up a bit.

The plan with Sōtetsu is to actually connect it to the JR East Yokosuka line instead of the Tōyoko line. The Sōtetsu trains would be able to operate all the way to Shinjuku. It is expected to be finished in 2015.

I think connecting it to the Tōyoko line wouldn't make much sense, since it would make this line even more overcrowded with trains.

By the way, I photographed the last remaining 9000 Series today by incident at Onda station.

I was heading there because the weather was fine and I wanted to visit the Tōkyū Nagatsuta depot anyway. I noticed a lot of people with cameras running around, so there must have been something special going on. It was totally by luck that I was able to catch the 9001F on its last stretch!

post-188-0-68468100-1364478687_thumb.jpg

Thanks 8-car 9000 Series. You've done well.

• Like 1
The plan with Sōtetsu is to actually connect it to the JR East Yokosuka line instead of the Tōyoko line. The Sōtetsu trains would be able to operate all the way to Shinjuku. It is expected to be finished in 2015.

I think connecting it to the Tōyoko line wouldn't make much sense, since it would make this line even more overcrowded with trains.

Umm, the connection will be for both lines: http://www.sotetsu.co.jp/train/into_tokyo/soutyoku.html

It looks like some of the Sotetsu trains will run from Hiyoshi onwards on the Meguro line.

• Like 1
By the way, I photographed the last remaining 9000 Series today by incident at Onda station.

I was heading there because the weather was fine and I wanted to visit the Tōkyū Nagatsuta depot anyway. I noticed a lot of people with cameras running around, so there must have been something special going on. It was totally by luck that I was able to catch the 9001F on its last stretch!

attachicon.gifphoto.jpg

Thanks 8-car 9000 Series. You've done well.

Lucky! But on your blog I spotted some Tokyu stock that looks older, the 7600 and 7700 series. Are these really being retired or just in this configuration or on this certain line?

Lucky! But on your blog I spotted some Tokyu stock that looks older, the 7600 and 7700 series. Are these really being retired or just in this configuration or on this certain line?

It's the old 18m stock that gets redirected to the Ikegami and Tamagawa lines, not the 20m trains. Considering Tōkyū not having any through connection with the Hibiya line any more since 15-03-2013 (where 18m trains are obligatory), there will be no more rolling stock to transfer to the Ikegami and Tamagawa branches any more. This means that Tōkyū either has to invest in new rolling stock (like the 7000 Series 2nd Type) or keep maintaining 30 year old rolling stock (which still works pretty good). I don't expect to see the 7600 and 7700 to go very soon though.

I kind of lost you there, which trains are what length? Do you mean the 9000 series going to other lines?

Tōkyū generally operates 20m trains, like the 5000, 9000 and 3000 Series, but also 18m rolling stock, like the 1000 and 7000 Series. The 1000 Series was primarily used for the Tōyoko - Hibiya line through services, but had also a few made for the Ikegami and Tamagawa lines (the Hibiya, Ikegami and Tamagawa lines using 18m rolling stock only). Now Tōkyū has no 18m rolling stock left from the main line services to go to the Ikegami and Tamagawa branches, only 20m trains that won't do.

• Like 1
Oh for real? That's pretty sweet. I foresee a lot of complicated and interesting operations in the future. :)

Yup, that should make things interesting. Though according to the Wikipedia article, Seibu has stated it will not do through operations with Sotetsu. Which makes sense, I guess.

• Like 1

I couldn't get a better picture of this train today. It was hidden away on the Nagatsuta sidings... Too bad. The front looks badass by the way. I love that black and yellow combination with the red accent.

post-188-0-93154000-1365057760_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toni Babelony