N Scale Vehicles!!!!

SubwayHypes

SubwayHypes

Hey guys post up your N scale cars, trucks, buses, whatever!!

Ever since i was a kid, going to Toy Park in Ginza i have been in love with cars and buses, especially japanese ones from TOMY and TOMYTEC, here are some of my N scale collection which is part of my layout.

My Tokyo City Greenbus collection, made up of tomytec, greenmax, etc buses, got more in the mail right now too.

tomytecbuscollection2.jpg

busyard002.jpg

Some other buses and trailers

trucksandbuses.jpg

Custom graffiti done by friend on my truck!!

tomytecoksyceak.jpg

Pickup trucks and SUVs anyone?  F-150, Blazer, Tahoe, and a few more

truckcollection.jpg

Newly imported from America, oversized SUVs for japanese people! 

Nscaletahoeford.jpg

Japanese vehicles, 1980s supra, skylines, etc

tomyteccelica.jpg

Oldschools

tomytecoldschools.jpg

More from tomytec, the "shell cab" plus a few skylines

tomytecshellcabassrt.jpg

SubwayHypes

My filler cars, aka the "rental cars"...these are the cheaper ones on ebay, but i custom paint most of them to add my own touch

rentalcars.jpg

sept08012.jpg

sept08013.jpg

More rental cars newly shipped from factory

rentalcarshipment.jpg

My sports car section, watch out for the police!

Nscalefastandfurious.jpg

N scale FAST AND FURIOUS, while i sleep races go down for money on my streets

Nscalefastanddrunk.jpg

350z and some very nice detailed sedan from tomytec, these tomytec cars are super detailed!

tomytec350z.jpg

SubwayHypes

Come on people 48 views no comments??

Nobody here has anything tomytec, tomy?  anything custom???

CaptOblivious

Come on people 48 views no comments??

Nobody here has anything tomytec, tomy?  anything custom???

Nothing custom yet, but a goodly number of vehicles. I just haven't had a chance to photograph them…wait until the weekend :D

Hi Subway - You have a great collection of vehicles but this is one area of my layout that I haven't gotten to yet. I even think that what I do have, some "micro machines" is possibly out of scale.  :-\ (Heck, I still haven't put down the lines and other markings, on the roads and streets. :-[)

On your Tomytec buses, usually how many come in a collection set?

SubwayHypes

The green buses are a trip.

Basically they only sell buses in 12 packs which cost around 60 dollars or more, each pack only has one tokyo city green bus and 11 other random ones.

I basically just troy ebay for singles and get lucky sometimes, also by freak chance i grabbed 5 off a guy in my city who was piecing out his set and for some reason he had alot of green buses too.  I want to keep most of the bus lines the same type, all tokyo city greeeen. 

I got lucky and found another on ebay the other night for ten bucks shipped. 

Subway - Check out this selller:

http://stores.ebay.com/everydaygoodz_Model-Cars-Diecast_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ14110997QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I purchased some people from him and I was very satisfied and his prices are really good with "Buy It Now"

Kashirigi when he saw my post opted to buy some cars and he was also please, when you take in the price.

These might work as secondary cars to fill up a big street with your highly detailed ones up front.

SubwayHypes

Yea bernard that seller has pretty good detailed filler cars, i bought something similar, one of those 50 packs.  You can see some of them up top, i have lots of fine paint pens so i was able to add my own details like emblems, new lights, crome rims, racing stripes, etc to spice them up a little.

Sushi Train

Can someone please explain to me why you would go to so much trouble building and weathering a diorama/layout and then put this little pink monstrosity in it?  ;D

post-147-13569922664559_thumb.jpg

SubwayHypes

^yea i believe those vehicles are tomix?  they are pretty cheap looking, i try to stay away from those brands.    I have seen train layouts in japanese N scale magazines where the towns were almost exclusively tomytec and kato cars, hundreds of dollars worth of cars! 

Mudkip Orange
hundreds of dollars worth of cars!
I have a theory on this that I'm developing.

Suppose you purchase some primo N scale cars. Say, that big pink box of subcompacts Tomytec is selling right now. It's 50-55 bucks on Plaza/Hobbysearch, say 10 for shipping, OK you just spent 65 dollars on 24 N scale cars.

Now suppose you make a primo Japanese roadway. It's about as wide as... oh, just about 1 track of Kato or Tomix. Say 35mm. You fill it up with traffic, 12 cars in either direction, those cars are all about 25mm long, say you've got typical dense Japanese traffic so they're spaced one car length, ok, that's 600mm of road. (25x12x2). So for 65 dollars you just filled up a slice of your layout board that's 35mm x 600mm. You know what else takes up 35mm x 600mm? A four car train plus an end buffer. I.E. a yard track. And 65 dollars is... hmmm, well that's just about enough to buy four unpowered train cars! Maybe an 'add-on set' for your unprototypically-short EMU, or some HOKIs or some TAKIs or some containers.

I.E. N scale cars are just as expensive as trains.

Now look at it another way. Suppose you grab one of the Tomytec modern houses. It's about 110x110mm, eh? It costs what, 25 bucks with shipping? Three train cars. Now you can't get three train cars for 25 bucks. 40 bucks though, maybe. So houses are cheaper, but not *that* cheap.

You see what I'm getting at.

Now if you like scenery for scenery's sake that's AWESOME. SubwayHypes has his fleet of green Tokyo buses and I will say it looks pretty fresh. But lately I've been thinking that my ideal train layout is basically a giant switching yard with trains running in and around it. Just fill the place up with trains. Storage, service facilities, enginehouses and car washing facilities and basically just whatever excuse makes sense to fill an entire train layout with, well, trains.

Of course this doesn't mean that I'm not eventually going to get those Tomytec subcompacts - they're just too freaking cool.

Come on people 48 views no comments?? Nobody here has anything tomytec, tomy?  anything custom???

Well, I've got some vehicles, but they're not N scale...

3469212737_afa650a0db_o.jpg

Tomix 1/80th scale Hino twin-steer lorry

3469214179_573ee12023_o.jpg

Tomix 1/80th scale Prince Clipper light truck

3469213689_abb306fd89_o.jpg

Tomix 1/80th scale Daihatsu CO8 three-wheel truck

3469213279_0e44946095_o.jpg

CMN 1/80th scale Isuzu BX141 "bonnet bus" in JNR livery.

More to come...

Cheers,

Mark.

Okay, here's a shot of various vehicles on my layout.  The 'city' area of my layout is undergoing renovations, so its a bit of a mess at the moment. 

P1090843.jpg

SubwayHypes

I.E. N scale cars are just as expensive as trains.

Now if you like scenery for scenery's sake that's AWESOME. SubwayHypes has his fleet of green Tokyo buses and I will say it looks pretty fresh. But lately I've been thinking that my ideal train layout is basically a giant switching yard with trains running in and around it. Just fill the place up with trains. Storage, service facilities, enginehouses and car washing facilities and basically just whatever excuse makes sense to fill an entire train layout with, well, trains.

Of course this doesn't mean that I'm not eventually going to get those Tomytec subcompacts - they're just too freaking cool.

True true, i totally understand and also like layouts that are strictly trains.  On youtube there is Jummamitt, his layout has almost no cars or houses or trees, just WS inclines and stations, and it still looks awesome.

I went the scenic route because thats sort of my thing, aside from model railroading.  As a kid i made a lot of diaramas, i like working with lichen, paint.  This is my first foray into building a mini city though, and its my dream.  I loved playing Sim City and as a kid i built japanese cities with cardboard boxes, pla-rail, and tomytec HO scale cars, i had the whole damn collection!

Okay, here's a shot of various vehicles on my layout.  The 'city' area of my layout is undergoing renovations, so its a bit of a mess at the moment. 

Hey you got a minicooper in there!

Nice pictures as well mark, i have a pretty big HO + scale japanese car collection, they are on display at my parents house in my childhood bedroom i will try and grab a picture next time im over there.  I had a huge collection of buses and trains too but unfortunately my mom donated them without my knowledge!

quinntopia
I went the scenic route because thats sort of my thing, aside from model railroading.  As a kid i made a lot of diaramas, i like working with lichen, paint.  This is my first foray into building a mini city though, and its my dream.  I loved playing Sim City and as a kid i built japanese cities with cardboard boxes, pla-rail, and tomytec HO scale cars, i had the whole damn collection!

Boy, can I relate to that!  I started off (back?) in O Gauge several years ago, but not only are the trains very expensive, there's no real room to spread out and build 'interesting' landscapes!  I'm not sure what's more enjoyable for me....building a miniature city, or the train part.  I guess that's why I'm enjoying the hobby so much - particularly in N Gauge - is that you have a lot of options to be creative with a lot of things!

SubwayHypes

^for me i think building my miniature city is almost as fun as running trains. 

The fact that i can combine many hobbies (kit building, painting, model trains, scenery, etc) into one layout is why i love N scale japan railroading so much.

Here is my latest shipment, bought someones entire tomytec nissan stock!

Still looking for skylines though!'

kittyfighters010.jpg

kittyfighters009.jpg

Still looking for skylines though!'

Subway,

Which skylines are you looking for, the new or the old ones? i can see i think i may have a few more than i need. happy to trade some off!

cheers,

jeff

THe 1990s models

8022_120.jpg

ill paw through the boxes. i got an extra box of that set to sell some to the a train dealer who wanted to experiment with selling some at the shows. i cant remember what i have left from that.

cheers,

jeff

SubwayHypes

^yea if you want to sell some let me know.

so.....ive been dying for some japanese taxis for my tokyo layout, what kind of tokyo layout doesnt have cabs?  unfortunately taxis sets are old and very rarem i havent been able to find any even on japan auction.

soooo........taking some boring old tomix toyota crowns that came free with a car transport set....and a kicka$$ set of posca fine point paint pens.....voila!!

tokyocustomtaxis003.jpg

tokyocustomtaxis004.jpg

what do you guys think?

heres the cabs they are based on, kinda limited by the factory colors!

tototaxi.jpg

whitebluetaxi.jpg